Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blackhole epg issues?

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Post up screen shots of the EPG screen, CrossEPG configure screen and providers screen, its very likley a fault with your set up as have CEPG on three boxes here and its working fine.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

satplustv (13-02-12)

Title
    Thanks
    will try later thanks

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    You doing something wrong somewhere http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...all-ViX-Images
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

satplustv (13-02-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Do not have any way of taking screen shots sorry but have followed the above guide to the letter and i still have the same issue ?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Go into the WebInterface and you can take screenshots from there!
    D I S C L A I M E R

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mcquaim For This Useful Post:

satplustv (15-02-12)

Title
    Thanks
    A bit more info please as i do not understand what you mean or how to do it ?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Did you open the WebInterface on your Uno or even know how to do that?

If you get the WebInterface open there is a menu to take a screenshot of whatever is currently on the Uno screen. Grab screenshots for the screens requested above!
    D I S C L A I M E R

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mcquaim For This Useful Post:

satplustv (15-02-12)

Title
    Thanks
    OK no need for screen shots as it was nothing to do with the cross epg settings !

As i said at the start of the thread i had the latest BH image installed and it was the 7 day BH EPG that i could not get to load and had missing or now and next only !

2 things i needed to tweek the BH EPG settings and also according to most other forums the server suppling the EPG data was down until mid day monday and is still not working properly....

I am amazed no one that posts on here was aware of this or asked me to check the BH EPG settings ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satplustv View Post
    OK no need for screen shots as it was nothing to do with the cross epg settings !

As i said at the start of the thread i had the latest BH image installed and it was the 7 day BH EPG that i could not get to load and had missing or now and next only !

2 things i needed to tweek the BH EPG settings and also according to most other forums the server suppling the EPG data was down until mid day monday and is still not working properly....

I am amazed no one that posts on here was aware of this or asked me to check the BH EPG settings ?

Probably because most users here don't use the BH image.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

satplustv (15-02-12)

Title
    Thanks
    I was not being funny or anything but as this is a support forum for the Vu Uno i would have thought that all images were supported and least one person would have understood the issue ?

Maybe i am expecting too much but as a relitive newbie its very frustrating when things do not work and you do not have the technical expertise to sort it out yourself !

I was using the Vix image for the 1st few months but wanted the ability to use the uno like a Sly + box for the epg and recordings which as far as i am aware the BH image is the only one that offers this at the moment.

Anyway at least if anyone else has the same issue in the future i can now help

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    I was not being funny or anything but as this is a support forum for the Vu Uno i would have thought that all images were supported and least one person would have understood the issue ?

Maybe i am expecting too much but as a relitive newbie its very frustrating when things do not work and you do not have the technical expertise to sort it out yourself !

I was using the Vix image for the 1st few months but wanted the ability to use the uno like a Sly + box for the epg and recordings which as far as i am aware the BH image is the only one that offers this at the moment.

even still, most users here probably use VIX so if they don't see the problem, won't know how to fix it.

How did you fix it by the way, just so anyone else who comes across this issue has somewhere to look.

Also, haven't tried BH in a long while, how is the EPG more like the SKY+ box?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

satplustv (15-02-12)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It was my bad for assuming that you were on Vix so sorry for that.

But I am also amazed from the many posts referring to Vix menus that we were not corrected lol

At least you got there eventually
    D I S C L A I M E R

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mcquaim For This Useful Post:

satplustv (15-02-12)

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts

You are joking about that bit right?

The one touch recording in the VIX image is way ahead of anything on other images.

As for other posters understanding the issue, the onus is on you to provide all the info necessary for people to help out. In the absence of a comment to the contrary it was not too unreasonable for members to assume you were on the VIX image as this forum is after all its home.

We support many boxes not just the VU range.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

satplustv (15-02-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

I know you were not having a dig and neither was I, however you have to understand that we are not intimately familiar with all images available for these receivers. This forum is predominately ViX orientated. We will Always try to help people regardless of the image they use but that may also mean we have to wait a while until someone using the same images as you sees the thread to offer their help.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

mcquaim (14-02-12),satplustv (15-02-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi mate

Think nobody has mentioned that rytec could have been down the weekend as i was downloading using force method and prog claim to have down loaded xxxx events but when you opened the EPG nothing was saved however since monday morning all seems to have returned.

However all is not lost you can still set a record by looking up the programe guide in your paper on online media search then press green button on remote then green again this will give you the record setup screen in which you can input the details of the programe set a start and end time and select the channel i did this without the epg working over the weekend and all recorded ok

regards
    satmanbasil

25. The Following User Says Thank You to satmanbasil For This Useful Post:

satplustv (15-02-12)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast