Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackhole epg issues?

Title
    Thanks

Blackhole epg issues?

OK the reason i have been changing my image a few times recently is to try and resolve my issues with the EPG not working very well.....

When i 1st flashed a BH image i had the full BH 7 day Sly EPG and Cross Epg also worked well but now what ever i seem to try i only get now and next on most channels and 3 or 4 up coming programs on the others ?

I cannot understand it, i have all the correct Open TV providers selected and updated and have a 500gb HD installed but cannot seem to resolve this issue !

Is there a plug in that i am missing that fixes this issue or is it something else ?

Thanks in anticipation

SP
    Last edited by bassethound; 15-02-12 at 20:25.

Title
    Thanks
    Can anybody help still missing a full EPG and have tried everything i can think of ?

Title
    Thanks
    Help please !

I cannot use the record properly or anything linked to the EPG at the moment and its very frustrating !

There must be others that have had issues and found a way to fix them surely ?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have you it configured in settings to download each night? (Menu-->Setup-->System-->EPG-->CrossEPG)

Configure menu to specify download time and select XMLTV or OpenTV to specify your source..
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Thanks
    Yes i have and even when i force a down load i only get now and next on most channels little more on others when i 1st flashed a BH image a couple of months ago i could see the EPG data for a week in advance now i can only seem to get a few hours no matter what i try ?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    What source have you selected?
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Thanks
    open TV at the moment and have tried others in the past with NO change ?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Is there a green tick beside the satellite that you want on the OpenTV providers?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    Yes next to Astra 28 which is all i am interested in

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Very strange, not sure what is wrong..

What is the location for epg.dat in the Settings menu under EPG?

Whatever it is make sure the location exists visible! It is best practice to have EPG and picons on a USB stick so it would then be /media/usb/ .
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    My 500gb Internal HD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    A bit more detail maybe lol..

What is the exact path on the EPG location?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    Where do i get that info from for you ?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Menu-->Setup-->System-->EPG-->CrossEPG-->Settings
    D I S C L A I M E R

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mcquaim For This Useful Post:

satplustv (11-02-12)

Title
    Thanks
    It just says Harddisk or internal flash and i have it set to HD as i said

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast