Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Enigma 1 based EPG for S*y UK required

Title
    Thanks

Enigma 1 based EPG for S*y UK required

Hi

I'm looking for an Enigma 1 based EPG file/prog for my DM600. I understand EPG Evolution no longer exists/ or their servers are shut down.

Does anybody know of any EPG I can use for my above provider which will give me a complete 7 day listing.

Sadly as my DM600 is an ancient chinese clone its temperamental and only runs Gemini image without giving me any problems, so I'm looking for a file that I can FTP into the dreambox.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    It's been a while since I used my E1 receivers and as such I may be wrong if so I appologise. As far as I remember the EPG for these boxes is quite frankly appalling and I would be amazed if you could have a full 7 day EPG working with reliability on the E1 system.

Also please be aware that we here on WoS are vehermently against cloned receivers and we will not offer support for any such receiver.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    On a PLI image there is instructions on how to get Rytec on it TBH I never got it to work properly on my DM7020.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    I'd forget about Gemini...

OpenPLi with sqlite/rytec worked perfectly on my old DMs. To get full 7 days though you'll need to store the epg data on HDD (if you have one fitted) or a network mount, otherwise you can only store about 3 days worth in /tmp.
    Last edited by Dave-H; 08-02-12 at 01:49.

Title
    Thanks
    Have recently resetup my dm600 in one of kids rooms and epg still works great for 7 days using sqlite importer and radiotimes as source. The first time you use ot you have to map the radiotimes sources to the channel list. Eg bbc1 on radiotimes to BBC one in you channel list. Very easy to do and only has to be done once. Although my dm600 had been redundant until recently it still impresses with its full tv guide. However you will have to have internal 2.5 inch hdd or network mount to store the epg.
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

ET8500
    80cm motorised triax TD88

Title
    Thanks
    Hi there,

Thanks everybody for your input, esp irish chris. The DM600 has a 160GB internal hard drive and runs Gemini image. Apart from that im at a loss.
    I'm getting extremely frustrated with this, I cant believe that its this difficult to install an EPG.

Chris I have no idea of how to map radio times or use sql importer. What would be my first step. Can I stick with Gemini image or do I need a different image.

It's unfortunate about the boxes, but I was a newcomer when to satellite when I first bought them and have now purchased a Vu+ Ultimo from the sponsor.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kirit For This Useful Post:

irishchris (12-02-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi mate, the epg importer comes as a plugin to download in pli's feeds. Use the pli dm600 1.0 final image as is quick, reliable and works remarkably well for an e1 image with epg. Once flashed you can get it IIRC by pressing blue button then software management and download from plugins feed. If stuck with anything give me shout and I can boot up my dm600 and guide you through.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

ET8500
    80cm motorised triax TD88