Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: $35 Raspberry Pi turned into media center

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

$35 Raspberry Pi turned into media center

A custom version of the XMBC media center has made its way to the $35 version of the Raspberry Pi computer.
    The Raspberry Pi, a mini-computer created by UK programmers, is expected to be available very soon, after a year of tweaking and development. What makes the computer so impressive (besides its price tag) is the fact that it can play 1080p HD video with no issues. The devices are intended to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools or at home. The company is looking to promote the Python programming language, alongside Basic and C among others.

For $35 you get a 3.3-inch wide board with a 700 MHz ARM11, 256MB RAM, HDMI-out, SD card slot, a USB port, ethernet, audio jack and Broadcom VideoCore IV GPU.

Raspbmc is available here, along with active discussion with its developers: Raspbmc.com

Using the custom software, the system will play music, videos, pictures, stream files, connect to AirPlay and much more including the eventual ability to turn the device into a DVR.

Code:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2012/02/02/35_raspberry_pi_turned_into_media_center
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Ev0 (02-02-12),Ex-TM6900 (02-02-12),Sicilian (03-02-12)