Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Editing Channel list

Title
    Thanks

Editing Channel list

Ok so got new uno with vix installed and it all works...how do i edit the channel list as it has downloaded as alphabetical? I basically want all the sports at the top then movies then the rest.

Thanks in advance

Title
    Thanks
    Download dreambox edit from the editors section. Then you need to tap in your FTP settings I to the app. Download the files from your box, then edit away. It's really easy.

Just upload the changed list once your done.

Title
    Thanks
    ok got dreambox edit...gone to options then ftp...what do i enter?

Title
    Thanks
    Watch the videos here, this is how I set it up and got it working.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-bougets-to-E2

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Markymark For This Useful Post:

Clabs (29-01-12),spurx1 (29-01-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Markymark.

Title
    Thanks
    No problems. It was something that I had to get help with when I first started. Really someone needs to write a guide as the video is good, however step by step in text is what some people seem to like.

Title
    Thanks
    How to Channel Edit / Add Channel Numbers to your Enigma 2 box

Here is my first attempt at producing a "how to" guide, so please be gentle with me. Mods, I hope this guide is in the correct format that you allow.

Many people, including me seem to be making the move to Enigma 2 boxes, however for all the joys they bring, when first starting out on thing that can be really confusing and annoying is organising channel lists (bouquets) and adding channel numbers to your channels.

It is really simple to do when you know what to do and hopefully this guide will help you get started with this.

Channel Editing Software

Firstly you need some channel editing software. I personally use DreamboxEdit, however many different ones are avaliable. Take a look in the editors forum section and download what meets your needs.

Setup

I use Dreamboxedit. If you use this, then you need to set it up when first running the programme to get it to talk to your box. Unless you have changed anything the default settings should be the same as what is shown in the screen shot below.

1) Click the settings button.

button.jpg

2) Create a new profile and enter in your; box ip, http port (usually 80), ftp port (usually 21), root username (usually root) and the password that you have setup for this user. Then test that your box connects to your editor by testing the connection, pressing the buttons on the right hand side.

main.jpg

Once all is setup and working, click the save button and that is job done.

If you are having problems here then it is probably down to using the wrong IP for the box (check that it is static in the networking menu of VIX) or you have not set the HTTP port to 80 in the WEBIF plugin.

3) Download all of the tv settings that are stored on your box by clicking the following icon.

download.jpg

4) Now click the button to receive the files from your box.

files.jpg

5) You should now see all your channels listed on the screen.

In the section titled Bouquets on the right hand side of the screen, right click on the "TV Users Bouquets" tab and then select "Create New Bouquet". Give your new Bouquet a title and then select this from the menu.

You should then see a blank section between the channels you have downloaded from your box and the Bouquets section you have just used.

Simply drag and drop your channels from the Services section of the screen to this Bouquet section in the order that you want them in on your box. You will notice that the channels now become numbered automatically for you. Create your list and then click the icon to save.

drag.jpg

6) Now select the same button you pressed for set 4.

7) Select the option to send the files to your dreambox. The files will be uploaded to the box. This should now be complete.

8) Test by selecting a channel number on the remote and watch it change channel.

To get a whole list of your selected bouquet press the UP button and then Blue. You will see all the channels from the list you just created.

I hope this is of some help and gets people going. This is the basic steps that I followed when I was totally new to all this and got started on making channel lists and adding channel numbers.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Markymark For This Useful Post:

deepstar (22-02-13),johnnyrotten (22-02-13),Larry-G (30-01-12),Rob van der Does (30-01-12),Sicilian (30-01-12),spurx1 (31-01-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Markymark View Post
    How to Channel Edit / Add Channel Numbers to your Enigma 2 box

Here is my first attempt at producing a "how to" guide, so please be gentle with me. Mods, I hope this guide is in the correct format that you allow.

Many people, including me seem to be making the move to Enigma 2 boxes, however for all the joys they bring, when first starting out on thing that can be really confusing and annoying is organising channel lists (bouquets) and adding channel numbers to your channels.

It is really simple to do when you know what to do and hopefully this guide will help you get started with this.

Channel Editing Software

Firstly you need some channel editing software. I personally use DreamboxEdit, however many different ones are avaliable. Take a look in the editors forum section and download what meets your needs.

Setup

I use Dreamboxedit. If you use this, then you need to set it up when first running the programme to get it to talk to your box. Unless you have changed anything the default settings should be the same as what is shown in the screen shot below.

1) Click the settings button.

button.jpg

2) Create a new profile and enter in your; box ip, http port (usually 80), ftp port (usually 21), root username (usually root) and the password that you have setup for this user. Then test that your box connects to your editor by testing the connection, pressing the buttons on the right hand side.

You should also go to the "advanced" tab and tick the option to allow duplicate entries in the bouquet.

If you have picicon enabled then you can select the directory that they are saved locally on your computer. This will display the icon when hovering over the service, making selecting the "correct one" that bit easier.

main.jpg

Once all is setup and working, click the save button and that is job done.

If you are having problems here then it is probably down to using the wrong IP for the box (check that it is static in the networking menu of VIX) or you have not set the HTTP port to 80 in the WEBIF plugin.

3) Download all of the tv settings that are stored on your box by clicking the following icon.

download.jpg

4) Now click the button to receive the files from your box.

files.jpg

5) You should now see all your channels listed on the screen.

In the section titled Bouquets on the right hand side of the screen, right click on the "TV Users Bouquets" tab and then select "Create New Bouquet". Give your new Bouquet a title and then select this from the menu.

You should then see a blank section between the channels you have downloaded from your box and the Bouquets section you have just used.

Simply drag and drop your channels from the Services section of the screen to this Bouquet section in the order that you want them in on your box. You will notice that the channels now become numbered automatically for you. Create your list and then click the icon to save.

drag.jpg

6) Now select the same button you pressed for set 4.

7) Select the option to send the files to your dreambox. The files will be uploaded to the box. This should now be complete.

8) Test by selecting a channel number on the remote and watch it change channel.

To get a whole list of your selected bouquet press the UP button and then Blue. You will see all the channels from the list you just created.

I hope this is of some help and gets people going. This is the basic steps that I followed when I was totally new to all this and got started on making channel lists and adding channel numbers.
    Just amended to add in duplicate option and picicon option.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Markymark For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (30-01-12),lesliebig (04-11-13),spurx1 (31-01-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks a lot for the guide Markymark....very helpful.

Title
    Thanks
    Is it possible to load a channel list from a USB stick...?

My box is not connected to a PC or my network..

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    no, not in this format, the only way, I think, is to get a preconfig,d image, ( with all the required channels ) but having said that, if your unit cant use FTP then it might be easier to scan the require sats via the unit
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams