Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Flashing image

Title
    Thanks

Flashing image

Just got a new uno from the sponsors, trying to flash latest vix image, i have formatted the usb stick made folder called vuplus...subfolder uno...unzipped image and put in uno folder. Powered off uno...put stick in front usb...power on uno...then it boots up then just goes to channel. No further messages appear.

This should be dead easy...what am i doing wrong?

Title
    Thanks
    I know not much help, however why didn't you do what I did and ask the sponsor to put vix on the box for you?

Title
    Thanks
    I did but they got the message too late and flashed it with original image. This should be simple but obviously i am not doing it correctly.

Title
    Thanks
    the vix image in the zip-file already has the folders you created, try to but directly on you flash-drive.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Just extract the whole
    archive to the USB stick folders and all. Then when you boot the box you will see a prompt telling you to press a button on the front of the box to start the update, do this within 5 seconds or so otherwise the box will just boot as normal.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks guys that worked.