Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Best for fixed dish & double up for motorized motorhome dish?

Title
    Thanks

Best for fixed dish & double up for motorized motorhome dish?

I am new to the satellite scene & have been toying with the idea of changing my cable over to sat, Could anyone tell me a good entry box for a fixed dish? Not looking at spending loads of money but if i need to spend a little more for a better quality box then so be it, I am looking @ buying a box for my motorhome which has a motorized dish and was wondering if i could use the same box for my house which has a fixed dish? This would be perfect cause i can then justify spending a little more with her indoors. Any help would be great, Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    always linux box is the best way to go but alot of reading and learning is needed

you need unix and linux knolledge but easily learnt

a good entry level box is the single tuner ET6000 or Solo then the UNO

for a bit better box go for a DUO or ET9200

and the latest and greatest at the mo is the ULTIMO

then you got the likes of the non linux boxes

take a look at the forum sponsor shop and make a choice any box he has will do you fine

to use the same box on a motor and a fixed would be tricky as you would need to keep changing it from fixed to motorised in the settings

doable but a bit of a hinderence

i would stick fixed or motorised to both to make it easier

but its up to you

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

3. The Following User Says Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

badsim (27-01-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Finally picked up my motor home and it has a oyster satellite motorized dish, Which box would be best? After just a cheap entry level box till i get used to what i am doing then may upgrade, Any advice would be great!