Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: DReambox DM800 bootloader issues

Title
    Thanks

DReambox DM800 bootloader issues

I tried to update to bootloader 84, but i had problems with new images crashing, so i went back to older image which was bootloader 76, unfortunately now im not able to update anything,

i press the button on boot up, but when i go to flash any image nothing happens, any ideas how to get passed this, also when i try to update manually to bootloader 84 i get the following errror
    "Collected errors:
    * ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for dreambox-secondstage:
    * dreambox-bootlogo (>= 7.0) *
    * Cannot find package dreambox-secondstage."

help please

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    are you using a null modem??

are you sure this is not a clone unit?

what image is it, that you are trying to load?
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    Thanks
    no its not a clone, i got it years ago from a genuine supplier

it wont let me load any image, not even the updated bootloader, really struggling now

no i dont have a compuetr that i can connect a null modem cable to, so trying by browser

is there a way to back up from someone else backup if i can get it on my hard drive?
    Last edited by richca; 26-01-12 at 19:22.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    when you press the button on the dm800 and go into the webbrowser to flash the image you should be able to see in this page the current working bootloader version working on your system. it sounds to me like your box is in fact a clone (and at that a SIM1 clone likely running bootloader69) in which case your image selection is limited

Title
    Thanks
    it was running bl82 and it was all working fine until the other day when i updated to 84, i couldnt get my wireless dongle to work properly as it kept crashing, so i tried to downgrade and put an older image back on which is bl76, now i get screen on browser to update, but it does nothing when i click flash, so im sure its not a clone

is it possible to get a backup from someone else dm800 nd put it on hard drive and restore from there?
    Last edited by richca; 26-01-12 at 19:37.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    can't say what might have happened other than potentially flash of 84 bootloader in some way got corrupted. if this is the case only option is serial null modem cable to flash the box using dreamup.

Title
    Thanks
    thats what i thought, i now live in spain and will need to see if i can find somewhere locally that sells them

thanks

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    yes, unfortunately, you need a NULL MODEM cable, and dreamup ( free software download )
    the new boot loader file does not take very long to load, but a full image, is also best loaded via null modem, and takes about 1.25 hours, but worth it
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ebay is your friend on null modem cables. very cheap :-)