Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Almost 1 Million iPhone 4S And iPad 2 Jailbroken in Three Days

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Almost 1 Million iPhone 4S And iPad 2 Jailbroken in Three Days

The jailbreak dream team released the Absinthe jailbreak late last week - the first jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2. They've just shared the number of iPhone 4S and iPad 2 users who have jailbroken their iOS device since the launch.

iPhone dream team have shared the following numbers:

491,325 new iPhone4,1 devices
    308,967 new iPad2 devices
    152,940 previously jailbroken (at 4.x) iPad2 devices

Total: 953,232 new A5 jailbreaks in a little over 3 days

The data is based on the query that is sent to saurik's servers when Cydia is launched to get the list of available SHSH blobs for that iOS device.

If you've jailbroken your iOS device then jailbreak dream has provided the following advice:

Remember the cardinal rule of jailbreaking: never update your firmware until a new jailbreak is available. This is especially true for A5 owners, who currently have no way of restoring to 5.0.1 once the 5.0.1 SHSH blob signing window is closed.

With awesome jailbreak tweaks like SiriToggles and Hands-Free Control adding new functionality to iPhone 4S, we expect this number to go up as the word spreads.

Have you jailbroken your iPhone 4S or iPad 2? Let us know in the comments.

Code:
     http://www.iphonehacks.com/2012/01/1-million-iphone-4s-ipad-2-jailbroken.html
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    yeah it was looking that way

infact a well known repo keeps going down due to the hammering of it

it went down when A4 device was jailbroken and now again when A5 devices was jailbroken

its crazy how many people jailbreak but it is an understandable thing to do

i purly do it for the tweeks as explained above

liek lockdown, barrel, sbssetting etc

not for the free apps

where an app deserves payment i pay and have atleast £1000 worth of legit apple content

so much so that its almost half a TB worth of data
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓