Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help needed dish wont move also tune fail

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

help needed dish wont move also tune fail

Hi Guy
    xtrend 9200 vix 2.3 latest and all upto date

Need help with this problem i have read some post to try to fix but none seems to work for me

ok will try to explain the problem if i leave it on one channel all night stays on no freezing so im sure its not a dish problem, some nights it will be fine even turning over but alot of the time if i change channel comes up tune fail so def intermittent fault, when the fault comes on, no channels work i reboot the system and 99% of the time there back, if i try to go to another sat the dish wont move, again this as worked but now wont move at all even when i have all the channels on 28 east working so thats the fault, now what ive tryed already

i have one fixed dish and one motorised i have set tuner b for 28 east on the fixed dish, settings for tuner b is set as simple not sending any dish movement

my motorised dish is tuner A settings for this again simple but with the lat long setup which like i said before worked great sent it to all the sats i can pickup and back all had no isues but know wont move

if i try to move the dish manual in positioner settings east or west still nothing not even goto 0 works
    so i think, ok got to be the dish cable or motor, so i put my spiderbox on there and no problem all sats fine, so ruled out the cable , motor ect, as for the fixed dish while tune fail is on tryed my spiderbox on that dish and again all is well.

im using cats channel list downloaded staight from the box using tspanel

one other thing if i do try to move the dish this also makes the tune fail happen when i escape out of the settings screens

im starting to think my xtrend is faulty or something with vix 2.3 image but im sure other peeps would have had this problem if it was the image so thats very doubtfull

oh i have tryed using the tuners the other way round still the same happens

Please give me some things to try its driving me mad, or lets say the mrs is driving me mad cos her tv as gone off lol

thanks Paul

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    this sounds like a tuner config issue

although set to simple try advanced, and within the options, there is an option to "increased voltage"
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Basilyoung

thanks for the reply, so you think setting rather than faulty box ok sounds good, will have a look at that i asume thats for the motor isues ? tuner A
    thanks

if any other sugestions anyone please let me know, just incase it still dont work

Title
    Thanks
    give it a try, and report back please

obviously set the other settings, diseqc 1.2
    USALs
    lnb 1
    on all sats required, but to start with, say 19/13 east,for test purposes

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok great will give it ago and report back, just to clarify when using advance is there is an option to choose which sats to goto and i have to manually choose them ,i have not really checked the advance setting as it all worked at first with simple

thanks again Paul

Title
    Thanks
    basicly its really quite simple

once USALs have been set, set all required lnb,s to lnb1 ( no need to save each one )
    so for now...set 19/13 east to lmb1 extra voltage...yes

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    great ok will do thanks and will let you know how i get on

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Try the following setup: -

1. Set tuner A as per screenshot below using your long & latt

2. Menu > Setup > Customise > Preferred Tuner set to Tuner B. That way Tuner A will only move if motorised dish needs to be moved.

3. Make sure you have transferred your Catseyes settings exactly as per this guide http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...o-using-DBEdit

Out of interest what model diseqc motor do you have?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi again
    firstly tryed setting up as basil said with advance settings as soon as i come off the settings page back to the main screen i picked a channel and tune fail come up so i tryed another channel and just the same
    so then tryed to move my dish to hotbird still nothing happened i did notice while on 28e it was tuner b which was being used

i went back to the setup page and set tuner b to not configured come back and now tuner a was saying tune fail, and still no dish movement with a little playing just by going into tuner setting a can get the picture back on if i then try go to another sat say hotbird it does give the sat dish sign on screen as moving but stays still so if i then go back to 28e which its not really moved from i then get tune fail again

Sicilain

the pic of the setting screen is what i originally had it set on with my own lat long and it worked great could go to any sat but then stopped working. now its poss i have added a plugin that maybe stopped it working and i never noticed because i have not really been using it on the other sats, is that possible that could of happened, could it be rytec epg which i have used, is that the right one for crossepg, im lost now would it be worth me trying a diff channel list maybe

oh as for how i downloaded the channel list, i updated it straight off the box with tpanel before that i did use dreamedit as the post states but still had tune fail if i messed about ,i even tryed setting the port to 8088 which i read somewhere,

i have noticed if the wife uses it just purely for staying on 28e and not using anything else,like utube ,media player ect it will work fine all day all night dont know if that helps with a clue

as for what diseqc motor i have not sure what make but its 1.2 always been spot on with my spiderbox
    but out of interest never got it working at all with my dm800 think it was a clone mind so give that up as a bad job and got the spider hd box lol

any other help would be great thanks Paul
    Last edited by supra59uk; 19-01-12 at 23:51.

Title
    Thanks
    try disconnecting tuner B, + set tuner B to not configured

make sure tuner A is set to simple, press OK, and connect the 28 east coax cable only, check out bbc1 if working ok,
    reconnect the motor coax cable to tuner A, ( WITH YOUR usal SETTINGS )

go to sat finder, and select 28 east, if you het a signal,..check BBC1 again, if ok, select a fta channel on say 13 east, and see if the dish moves

if no piccy with the motor coax, check the F connecter is correctly attatched

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hi Basil ok will try that what you said

something i have not mentioned when i baught my xtrend a cpl of weeks ago i also purchased a new lnb
    for the motorised dish which as two outputs on it but i only had one coax going to it, so till i could run a new cable i used the orginal one connected to tuner A set simple with the lat longs settings ,and then used the fixed dish which is set to pick up 28e, i connected to b port so i could record and watch something else on 28e which worked fine,also the dish was moving ok at this stage, it was ok for a good week like that, then the tuner fail started happening so i asumed it was the fixed dish at fault maybe moved in the wind, so this then spured me on to fitting the new cable for the second output from my new lnb on the motorised system which i did, then connecting that cable to tuner b, to find i still had the same fault thats how its still connected now, not sure if that makes any difference to the settings for the tuners ?

still try what you said see what happens will report back

Thanks Paul
    Last edited by supra59uk; 20-01-12 at 00:27.

Title
    Thanks
    your post is slightly confusing

hence my previous post

focus on proving the static dish is ok first, on tuner A, with tuner B disabled
    then, disconnect the static dish connection,

on the motor set up, it would be best to possibly use your old unit to establish a connection to say 28 east, and perhaps, 13 east
    and use the "free" lnb connection on the motorized dish, and connect to tuner A, see if you get a piccy on what ever sat the dish is on

if ok...then use the coax connected to your old unit on tuner A, and use sat finder to find 28 east, then 13 east

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry if its confusing just trying to give as much detail as poss

will give all this ago tomorrow thanks again will let you know

Paul

Title
    Thanks
    no worries, any problems reported are often difficult, until "wave lengths" are on a parr

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    for sure
    speak tomos if your on
    good night
    thanks Paul