Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: help needed dish wont move also tune fail

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok will give that a try see how it goes thanks Stanman

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by supra59uk View Post
    Hi Basil
    Manchester area
    tryed both tuners same result
    im pretty confident its not the cable or motor, unless it is a compatibilty issue with my motor
    that side of things im quite good at, fitted the dish my self many years ago but then it had the old actuator type of motor, changed to the 1.2 motor about 2 years ago

its just getting my head round linux, its quite different to the technomate, echostar way of thinking which im used to lol.

hi
    Stanman i have also tryed that turned limits off still wont move, i think i read that the motor stores the info on limits not the satbox but that maybe the very latest motors not to sure,

think im going to do a full new installation reflash the box will this have to be done on mem stick as before
    and how do i wipe it clean to start fresh

thanks Paul

again thanks Paul
    Well, as it happens, you are not to far away from me ( Chester area )

as far as the unit goes, once you get it sorted, you will find its a brilliant unit
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    to be honest im sure your right its that ive been trying now for over a week so starts to get you down
    then something else happens, im sure i will get there in the end with all the helpfull peeps on here
    thanks again for all your help Paul

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 474 Posts
    If you want piece of mind we dont mind you returning the unit back to us, we'll 100% test, reflash and load on a set of motorised bouquets/settings etc.... So providing the motor is all ok and aligned, in theory you should be able to plug straight back in.

Or maybe basilyoung will be able to offer a helping hand as he's not too far away.

If you wish to return the unit for testing etc... please send us a pm.

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to world-of-satellite.co.uk For This Useful Post:

supra59uk (24-01-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi guys
    i have chatted with stef about this box before purchasing and i must say he was very helpfull

also thats what i call fantastic service that you have just offered me to check the box out and reload the image ect cant knock that brilliant
    but what i intend to try is a full fresh install before i take you up on this offer, firstly because it gives me more experience reloading all my stuff and second self satisfaction if it all works once done especially after all the time i have put into this trying to fix it lol and others off the site which im really greatfull for, so thankyou again for the kind gesture and i will keep you informed how it goes, if all fails well its all yours to check lol, just one thing can you suggest which motor to use if i do deside to go ahead and by one

Thanks Paul

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    alsat dark motor. never an issue

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yes was thinking of one of them would you go for the supreme ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hi guys sorry been so long with update
    ok well left my spiderbox connected on the motor till today just to make sure there was no problems
    and its worked perfect, so i desided to reconnect to the xtrend after doing my fresh install, just to add there as been no tuner glitches while my xtrend as been connected to the fixed dish, anyway connected
    the motor and the dish will not move bugger lol, tryed goto 0 ,tryed sat find ,tryed manual nothing, so im giving up and sending it to be tested by the experts w.o.t thankyou all for all your efforts helping me will update you when w.o.t checks it out

Thanks Paul

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supra59uk For This Useful Post:

basilyoung (30-01-12),Rob van der Does (31-01-12)

Title
    Thanks
    strange problem this me and my mate both have et5000 and have the same problem with the motor not turning and tuner problems pulling my hair out trying to fix it!!!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davedap View Post
    strange problem this me and my mate both have et5000 and have the same problem with the motor not turning and tuner problems pulling my hair out trying to fix it!!!
    Well, the only thing we know about you, is that you have no hair left: the rest must come from our Crystal Ball?!
    To begin with: tell us your tunersettings (screenshots preferably).

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    I have had a motor on a ET9K for over a month and not had a problem at all, little comfort to you but box is not faulty and powers dish fine.

I would do as Rob has stated and post up in detail your settings and we can try and get to the bottom of the problem.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123