Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: VU+ Universal remote control

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

VU+ Universal remote control

Anyone got one of these universal remotes for controlling the tv, just got one from are sponser and cant get it to work with my samsung tv, looking thru the manual theres only one code for every make of TV and samsung is 2448 surely one code isnt going to support every sammy tv, with phillips and oneforall universal remotes etc theres at least 10 differant codes for sammy tv's.

I can see me sending this back as its pointless as i already have a remote for my DUO which this was hopfully going to replace.

Anyone had the same issues.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    email vu with yr model number and they will look into adding a code to support yr tv
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Try the automatic scan as on page 70, that's what I used on my LG. Another thing to remember the sponsor is not claiming that the remote works with ALL brands of TV's, they state 'many popular brands'. Are you sure you've programmed it correctly with the code?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi markus625,
    you misunderstood. The code is a company code and you have to do a device search which means you have to press either mute or power until your TV reacts. With this company code only the most popular codes of this company are tried with 0000 as a code all codes in the database are tried but it can take up to 15-20min to find the correct code. I have two Samsung and both worked.

ciao
    Last edited by Trial; 17-01-12 at 08:51.
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (17-01-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi markus625,
    you misunderstood. The code is a company code and you have to do a device search which means you have to press either mute or power until your TV reacts. With this company code only the most popular codes of this company are tried with 0000 as a code all codes in the database are tried but it can take upto 15-20min to find the correct code. I have to Samsung and both worked.

ciao
    well i tried for a hour and a half to get the code by this method for my Toshiba LCD tv and gave up before the urge to drop kick the tv out of a window became too strong. now i use a harmony 600 and a harmony 650 instead.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    ..... now i use a harmony 600 and a harmony 650 instead.
    Yeah, I can't understand why people would like to use a device-R/C and even replace it.......
    Once seen how an activity based R/C works (and never have to talk to a device any more) you won't understand that either.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Hi markus625,
    you misunderstood. The code is a company code and you have to do a device search which means you have to press either mute or power until your TV reacts. With this company code only the most popular codes of this company are tried with 0000 as a code all codes in the database are tried but it can take up to 15-20min to find the correct code. I have two Samsung and both worked.

ciao
    hang on lets try and understand this, the manual says put in 0000 to do the search method and put in the device code which is in the manual i.e samsung 2448 and and see if you can either mute or power off the tv,
    But are you saying if i have read this correctly that code 2448 is a company code and you have to keep pressing mute to get to the right code for your model of tv.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    yes. You have to press mute until you TV really mutes, then you can test if volume and mute really works and then either mute again if it was not the right code or OK+STOP to finish search and store last device.

As I see it the manual says the same.
    1. TV setting
    Set-up Sequence: <<1 + 3>>, <4digit brand-code>, <<Mute or Power>>
    1. Press number 1and 3 for three seconds until LED is on.
    2. Find your TV brand-code from the TV code list and insert 4 digit code.
    - If you press “0000”, Full Automatic Scan will start. This will take a while.
    3. Keep pressing Mute button (or Power) until your TV is muted (or turned off)
    4. If your TV is muted (or turned off), stop pressing Mute button.
    5. Now, your RCU is in test mode and press Volume + /- to check if your TV responds.
    6. If the volume buttons are operational, Press <OK + STOP ( )> to escape from the set-up mode
    Ralf
    ---
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (17-01-12)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Hi,
    yes. You have to press mute until you TV really mutes, then you can test if volume and mute really works and then either mute again if it was not the right code or OK+STOP to finish search and store last device.

As I see it the manual says the same.

Ralf

Ive done as above putting 2448 for the samsung brand and kept pressing mute for a 20 minuites which was really frustrating to do.

But if you press 0000 for the full automatic scan does this mean you dont have to keep pressing mute all the time but how long would it take.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Damit ive tried the automatic scan and pressing mute every second or so for about 30 mins and then the samsung code 2448 for about 15 mins pressing power with no effect, ive got a sammy 5000 led upstaits and a 6000 3d plasma down stairs which work with the same remote so must be a standard code but nothink is happening with the uno remote.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I have a LE40B530 and T24A350 and both where found and both are working and they use the same code so I think that Samsung uses the same code for most of their TVs. I am not sure how I found it and how long it took. I have another TV from Schaub Lorenz and there it took around 20-25min with the complete search.

Only to be sure "pressing mute every second or so" means you press mute, release mute and so on? That is wrong I think I kept the key pressed until I get a reaction.

ciao
    ---

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

silid (05-04-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I have a LE40B530 and T24A350 and both where found and both are working and they use the same code so I think that Samsung uses the same code for most of their TVs. I am not sure how I found it and how long it took. I have another TV from Schaub Lorenz and there it took around 20-25min with the complete search.

Only to be sure "pressing mute every second or so" means you press mute, release mute and so on? That is wrong I think I kept the key pressed until I get a reaction.

ciao
    the manual say's
    3. Keep pressing Mute button (or Power) until your TV is muted (or turned off)

UPDATE

I must have mis read the wording i thought you have to keep pressing the mute or power button on/off etc instead of holding down the mute button untill the sound is muted, got it within 5 seconds.

What keys actually control the tv is it just the mute/vol/av buttons or do the other keys suppose to work also.

With my samsung i get a menu on the left popup with the sources available and you keep pressing the av button to scroll down but you cant select the source only highlight it you have to use the original remote and press enter/ok to select it.
    Last edited by markus625; 17-01-12 at 16:03.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    mute/av/vol and pwr on/off are supposed to work. Press and release av several times it then changes the input on my TVs and the menu disappears after a few seconds and the chosen input is activated.

btw. "Keep pressing Mute button" might often be misunderstood. "Keep Mute button pressed" would be better I think but I am no native english speaker and what do I know.

Ralf
    ---

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

silid (05-04-14),stevedoot (21-03-13)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Hi,
    mute/av/vol and pwr on/off are supposed to work. Press and release av several times it then changes the input on my TVs and the menu disappears after a few seconds and the chosen input is activated.

Ralf
    ill give it a go

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    On my sammy i have to press the mute button to get rid of the source menu as it just stays on there.

But i think the manual/pdf should have the wording changed from:
    3. Keep pressing Mute button (or Power) until your TV is muted (or turned off) as keep pressing could mean repeat presses of the key as i thought.
    to
    3. Keep holding down the Mute button (or Power) until your TV is muted (or turned off)

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markus625 For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (17-01-12),silid (05-04-14)