Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Trouble uploading New Image

Tryharder

Trouble uploading New Image

I'm trying to upload a new image to my mates DM800 and when i input the IP of the box into my browser i don't get the Dreambox webpage to write the new image to the box. I now get a WebControl page!!!! I have tried connecting Directly using a Null Modem Cable but Dream Up doesn't connect to the box....I tried turning the Web Browser plugin to OFF on the box but that didn't help at all. It's a while since i have done this for him and was wondering if things had moved on and is there an alternative method of loading a new image..or am i just missing something?

Thanks in advance....

rgds.Tryharder

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Did you reboot the box and put it into flash mode?

IIRC its power down by rocker switch and than power on and up press until IP comes on the front panel, you than log onto the box via the browser and flash a NFI file.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Tryharder
    unplugged the box...then plugged it in and pressed the button on the front holding untill the recs. IP appeared on the front...Then I typed the IP into my browser....But instead of the Dreambox webpage that has the upload link.. I connected to a Webcontrol software...with tabs for TV..etc...

rgds.Tryharder

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks
    Have you tried a different browser ?

Also if the box is genuine and you are loading a new image you must load SS84 before the box will take a new image.
    Vu Duo 4K - Vu + Solo4K - Vu + Uno4K - Vu+Uno - Vu+Ultimo4K - Vu+ Zero - Vu+Solo-SE (In Black Evo ) - PrismCube

Tryharder
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    Have you tried a different browser ?

Also if the box is genuine and you are loading a new image you must load SS84 before the box will take a new image.
    Iv'e tried 2 different laptops...the box is genuine ( bought from the sponsors about 18mths. ago ) It has a Blackhole Image on it from about 12mths ago at the moment...But when you re-boot the stb it takes at least 5mins. to come on and as long as 10 sometimes....That's why i wanted to put a new image on it for him...But when i connect to the box via the internet I connect to a piece of software called a Web Control ! whereas the last time I did it it connected via a Web page and just clicked Flash! browsed my laptop for the new image and clicked send!....I'm sorry but i don't know what you mean by SS84.........But i thought you could also connect directly to the box via a cross over serial cable if you couldn't connect via the net!!! But it just doesn't connect....The box ( apart from being very slow ) is working fine..

Thanks for the replies by the way...

rgds.Tryharder
    Last edited by Tryharder; 11-01-12 at 18:07.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    SS84 is the second stage loader

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Tryharder
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    SS84 is the second stage loader
    That's something else Iv'e learned.......Now the obvious next question is............... What's it for...where do i get it... and how do i load it

thanks again..

rgds.Tryharder

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks
    Code:
    www.dreamboxupdate.com
    All the info is here
    Vu Duo 4K - Vu + Solo4K - Vu + Uno4K - Vu+Uno - Vu+Ultimo4K - Vu+ Zero - Vu+Solo-SE (In Black Evo ) - PrismCube

Tryharder
    I'm grateful for the link but as you see in my early posts the main problem i have is connecting to the box via the net or cable......over the net i connect to ' Web Control Centre ' and by cable it just won't connect to the box and says...' Now Switch on Box ' !!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will no doubt be something simple but i don't know what the problem is!

thanks....

rgds.Tryharder

niknith
    change browser