Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caution! Vu+ Clone

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks

Exclamation Caution! Vu+ Clone

Caution! Vu+ Clone

Dear partners and Customers,
    Vu+, unarguably the leading supplier of Linux based set top box, works relentlessly to make sure the utmost quality that you expect us to achieve. This has been the integral part of the whole operations in developing and manufacturing.
    However, we recently learned that a clone of Vu+ SOLO could now be traded through illegal transaction routes from China. In responding to this grave situation, we assure you that we will take all possible legal measures to ensure that such pirated copies of Vu+ products be not traded freely. Furthermore, we have already begun a technical process via which to upgrade the algorithm of system security implemented in all Vu+ products soon.
    When this upgrade is put into place, no pirated copies of Vu+ products will work. While we sincerely ask for your unilateral support in dealing with this serious matter, let us state the following aspects so that you can inform those who might be interested in Vu+ clones.
    1.No software update will be possible.
    2.The hardware stability of clone is very questionable.
    3.No repair support will be offered for clone boxes.

Also, please be noted that SOLO clones have several points that are different from the genuine SOLO as below:

We would be sincerely grateful if you send us email ( support@vuplus.com) on any information regarding how these clones are actually traded by whom. We believe that fighting against pirated copies of Vu+ products is not just for the benefit of Vu+ only but also for all customers of Vu+ as a whole. Thus, we once again wish for your unilateral support.

Best regards,

Vu+ TEAM

Last edited by bassethound; 06-01-12 at 12:42. Reason: Made Sticky
    Vu Duo 4K - Vu + Solo4K - Vu + Uno4K - Vu+Uno - Vu+Ultimo4K - Vu+ Zero - Vu+Solo-SE (In Black Evo ) - PrismCube

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Donnie For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

basilyoung (06-01-12),bassethound (06-01-12),bigbaz (06-04-13),biker1 (19-01-12),bobonthejob (06-01-12),burridge (08-04-13),edanto (07-01-12),Ev0 (06-01-12),JeRoX (29-09-23),lifestyleelectronics (09-04-12),Mr. Mister (06-01-12),Rob van der Does (06-01-12),Sicilian (06-01-12),sonc (06-01-12),Stanman (06-01-12),Technovice (06-01-12),ukbob (06-01-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Thanks for the great post Donnie i have made it a sticky!

Looks like its going to be really difficult to spot a clone unless you take of the top cover off as the external difference are miniscule
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

Donnie (06-01-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Yes mate cracking post. Let's hope Vu can do every thing possible to eradicate these clones.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Donnie (06-01-12),saxon (02-12-12)

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks
    I just hope Vu make a better job of it unlike DMM.
    I am already aware that 3.1.1 images can kill the clone already.
    Vu Duo 4K - Vu + Solo4K - Vu + Uno4K - Vu+Uno - Vu+Ultimo4K - Vu+ Zero - Vu+Solo-SE (In Black Evo ) - PrismCube

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    I think we should make this thread a mandatory read.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

ekkostar
    I can't even make out the difference in the logo. What exactly are those differences ?

It's not only the Solo, there are Duo clones out as well and they're selling at £131 and £191 respectively in the UK at the moment.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ekkostar View Post
    I can't even make out the difference in the logo. What exactly are those differences ?

It's not only the Solo, there are Duo clones out as well and they're selling at £131 and £191 respectively in the UK at the moment.
    I think the genuine logo is nearer to the edge of the box in the first pic - can't see any other difference.

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks

Its hard to make out but I think the S is different but like you I am not 100% sure.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    The only 1 I can't see the difference of is the box, where the circle is in the middle between Vu+ and Solo.

ekkostar
    TBH it looks frighteningly impressive for a RevA clone

The case housing looks identical so likely straight out the same OEM component factory.

The PSU and the card reader, make marginal differences. Not sure what else is too much different, tuner ? processor ? Does the mac address tie up with what's on the labels and box ?

I've pm'd you Donnie to get you started

Thanks
    Last edited by ekkostar; 06-01-12 at 15:54.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    If you look at the advert of the guy the admin / mods on here spotted, he has put up pics of the box on there.

If they are geunine pics of the clones he has (now admits there clone) then the insides looks alot more like the genuine thing that the images posted here.

Infact here is the pic he's put on the advert.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ev0; 06-01-12 at 16:02.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ev0 For This Useful Post:

Donnie (06-01-12),Ureyesonly (19-02-12)

ekkostar
    I think it gets incredibly difficult, especially so when the OEM's start to outsource elsewhere. VU will need to clamp down immediately to stand a chance.

The price differences to a Genuine box doesn't appear overly massive, the hardware almost indistinguishable and identical.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I think it gets incredibly difficult, especially so when the OEM's start to outsource elsewhere. VU will need to clamp down immediately to stand a chance.

The price differences to a Genuine box doesn't appear overly massive, the hardware almost indistinguishable and identical.
    I think Vu+ need to take some high res pics of there genuine box's and the same with the clones they have.

The pics they have posted so far, don't really help, as there too small and low quality.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ev0 View Post
    If you look at the advert of the guy the admin / mods on here spotted, he has put up pics of the box on there.

If they are geunine pics of the clones he has (now admits there clone) then the insides looks alot more like the genuine thing that the images posted here.

Infact here is the pic he's put on the advert.
    If i was selling clones, then i would be using original photo`s of the box and any internal photo`s, as nobody would not know the diffenence anyway....????
    What else can i say !!.....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dugJTYz-JR4&feature=em-subs_digest

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboy View Post
    If i was selling clones, then i would be using original photo`s of the box and any internal photo`s, as nobody would not know the diffenence anyway....????
    This is true, but if you look closely at the pictures in post 1 and the picture above, they are different, it doesn't 100% match the genuine OR the clone pics.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast