Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: My first foray in a Linux receiver.

Title
    Thanks

My first foray in a Linux receiver.

Recently been given an EN SUPER . (500s clone) identical to a Blackbox with Gemini 4.0.0.0 and Ccam 2.1.3 installed.
    Was obviously used for C/S in the past as the set up menu was pin number protected and the default password had been changed.
    Having spent many hours on the internet and being a complete novice where Linux receivers are concerned I decided the only way forward was to flash another image. Purchased a null modem cable and a usb to serial adapter cable, downloaded many drivers but was not successful in flashing the box via Dreamup. Total despair.
    A neighbour came to my rescue, using a very old computer with a RS232 serial port , we successfully flashed a PLi –Jade 3 maxvar image on to the box .Hooray success at last.
    It was at this point I found out that if I carried out a factory reset I would be able to obtain the original default password. Things were looking up.
    Was so flushed with success that I decided to download Ccam 2.3.0 and also change the default skin to X-line via the online pli server .Absolutely great in my opinion.
    The receiver is now running fine pointed at 28.2E. even my fsfs card is working apart from Pick tv which I understand requires Oscam for it to work. This is not on the pli server so a bit more reading for me before I go any further .
    This has been very challenging for me as I have a TM 5400 Super+, Spiderbox 9000HD (which has never been connected to the internet) That must be a first!!! Along with a few other receivers I use on a day to day basis with my motorised 1mt dish system. The only other bit of technical equipment, if you can call it that, that I use is a Diablo Cam 2 and a Cas 3 plus Programmer.
    I am now beginning to see what can be done with a linux receiver. so I think I will carry on experimenting before I venture further with my future purchase an enigma 2 receiver.
    One question please before I go, now that I have restored the default password, will I be able to flash the original loaded Gemini image back onto this receiver ? or will the set up menu still be pin number protected. I am more confident now in using DCC to retrieve the set up pin number, that is if the password remains as default so that I can access DCC. Just a thought. I am very happy with the pli image anyway . That's it.I am of to tinker with my new toy. Hope I have not bored you all to much.
    Last edited by Grumpydave; 05-01-12 at 13:51. Reason: spelling

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Grumpydave For This Useful Post:

miguelrp (03-10-13)