Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EPG channel numbers? + installing channel lists

Title
    Thanks

EPG channel numbers? + installing channel lists

Hi all (again)

Now this one must be really simple and stupid. Ive been though so many menus and dont seem to be able to solve this one. How can I get channel numbers next to the station on the EPG and/or on the channel Mel bar that displays when you change channels?

Further to this - if I click on a channel in the EPG it plays the audio from that chanel, however then when I press exit (to leave the EPG) it goes back to the previous channel and with no numbers I don't know what is where.

Now in addition can I create channel lists on the box (adding and removing channels that I want) or how do I upload bouquets (where do they go) on this box?

Sorry for what must be stupid questions, however I've spent ages looking now and having no joy.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    If you are on 28.2E, download and install Silvers bouquets which are in my signature, they have the channels numbers on them and match sly.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks - just downloading that. Now where do I FTP that to / what do I need to do to install it?

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Click on the updating channels in my signature, tutorial is there.

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter

Title
    Thanks
    Ok in those videos there is some software being used - is that the web interface? I thought I downloaded that from the plug ins menu, however then typing in my internal ip it wont find anything - yet will connect via ftp?

Title
    Thanks
    That link on updating channels is just sending me to the main forum portal page.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

Title
    Thanks
    Ok now what confuses me here is I went to plug ins and downloaded the web interface - however from reading all the posts about this people say they should have a web interface menu. I don't get this on my box - I've tried a restart as well. I notice a web interface is used in those tutorials.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    you have lost me mate, the web interface enbale you to view your box settings and recordings in a browser window by putting your IP address into its addy bar

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

Title
    Thanks
    Oh so what is that software that is shown in that video link?

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Dreamboxedit, its in the settings editor forum on this site.

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

Title
    Thanks
    Oh thanks I'll take a look. Whilst I'm thinking about it - any reasons what I have done wrong on the web interface front? I downloaded it from the plug ins menu and it said it had installed - but cant find the web interface in my menu options.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Markymark View Post
    Oh so what is that software that is shown in that video link?
    its called DreamboxEdit.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Download dreamboxedit, open it and click on (options) enter the ip of your box.
    Then click on the ( open ) icon and navigate to the silverfox file you downloaded (you might have to click on it twice to open it ) then click on ftp and send files to dreambox and you should be done.
    ps
    I usually put the silverfox file on the root of my c drive , it's easier to find.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for all of that, now seemed to have cracked that one as I have created some boquets of my own and dragged and dropped channels in.

Few silly questions now:

How can I get to my Boquets lists quick and easily on the remote? At the moment im having to press help > boquets list - which im sure there must be a more direct way?

When I press the channels button - I get a list of all the channels on the sat, even the ones I have removed from the boquets list. Is there any way of removing all these channels from the channels option to make searching easy?

Finally when on the Dreamboxedit I could connect to the FTP port and upload the lists, however the http port isnt working. Can anyone help me to get this working please?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast