Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: epg help ASAP please

Title
    Thanks

Question epg help ASAP please

hi to all

i am having this issue from several months with my brother vu+duo box to acheive epg, i did try install too many images into vu+duo and so far i like the newesh all BH 1.6.7 image.

my set up is

single static dish with 3 lnb, 28.2.,19.2e,13e with diseque swich

2 wires goes into my vu+duo

in open tv epg configration i did try to mount inter,hdd, and usb also

open tv provider i only selct 28.2e as this is my main sat to watch.

when i prees down after all this screen turn into radio made but epg installatio finish so quickly .and in the end i d,nt have any epg more then now&next

it work some time once evry month.

i ddi try formate usb, use diffrent usb etc..........did try reboot box

did try to set reboot or resatret engima 2 befor and after epg download shadule but no joy.

can some please help me out.many thanks

Title
    Thanks
    1.Have your mapped your devices?If you are using Blackhole :blue blue /device manager.Usb stick you can format with vu duo.
    2.Menu/setup/croosepg?configure:I would suggest to use storage device usb(whatever name is).Enable 3 more options below that.Sky uk annd sky it is on opentv.An d you find ther all others too.
    Enjoy

Title
    Thanks
    yes i have done that so many time mate.problem is when it goes to radio mod the download, converting finish so quicky that it d,nt seems normal. then i do try restart,reboot but no epg.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    It downloads data via the hip hop channel. What I would do is install an upto date satellite.xml and do a full scan and try than.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    well, do i have hip hop channel on 28.2e? i did scaned and replaced my xmle file.i have nevr see that chanel on 28.2e but if you know this channel frequency then tell me i will do manuall scan. also when i prees download epg the box turn to radio mod itself then how can i amend the setting so when next time i press epg download it divert to hiphop channel?

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It does it automatically, you don't need to intervene.

Make sure in EPG the location is set as USB and than crossepg, everything is configured properly, just make sure the tick is against 28.2 and not freesat.

May be handy to do screen dump of all your settings so we can have a look.

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

sunlight786 (24-12-11)

Title
    Thanks
    well,i got my own dm8000 mate and i do same setting init and the crossepg never let me down but in my bro vu+duo always a messed up. d,snt matter what i do some time download some time not and majority time it download so quickely compare to my dm8000 so it seems its not downloading properly.
    could you tell me how can i get dump so i can show if you want, but same seeting as i said on dm8000 i have no problem.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If you have telnet knowledge, have the screen on the telly you want to dump and than telnet into the box and run the command grab -p, it will put a screenshot into the TMP folder and you will need to copy it to your desktop. You will need to do it each time as it overwrites the previous screenshot. There is a command to rename it but this for me is quicker,

Easier than this - just take a picture with your phone camera / digi camera and upload to the site.

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

sunlight786 (24-12-11)