Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: n00b alert - Duo not working!

Title
    Thanks

n00b alert - Duo not working!

Hi all

I usually count myself fairly proficient with gadgets, but my new VU+ Duo has me beat for the moment. I cannot find any answers that work after a couple of days, so I resort to a post.

In summary, I can watch almost no channels on my Duo. I found a Sky Into channel and an Argos channle but that's about it.
    I have one of these fixed twin-reflector dishes, giving me four satellites (Astra 2, 1, Hotbird and Atlantic Bird 3) on one cable. Everything works on my Topfield receiver for some years, so in principle the dish/lnbs etc are correct on my seup.

What I've done so far...
    1. updated bootloader and standard VU+ firmware.
    2. loaded ViX image.
    3. setp external hdd.

3. In setup, I set tuner 1 to be Simple, DiseqC A/B/C/D, with the four ports set to Astra 2, 1 Hotbird and AB3 respectively. I've tried auto search and manual searches to no avail, cannot find anything much on 28.2. (The BBC, for example, does not work.)
    4. I have read about satellites.xml, generated one for my four satellites and copied it in.
    5. I read about channel lists and copied one in. This seems to show me channels and even what is showing sometimes but the screen is still black.

Ultimately, I bought this box to watch French TNTSAT, for which I have a card; I am faaaaar from this point though, proving myself incapable of setting up some British FTA channels!

I've noticed that S/N for many channels is close to 0... errr.... my Topfield works fine and I get 70% typically. Is the sensitivity of the Duo really poor? I do not believe so, I find no other complaints on the boards.
    This must be n00b user error.

I believe I've done the basics, but not much pops up. Some ideas would be welcome!

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    In tuner setup did you set the DiseqC control to yes for satellite change, also try loading a pre prepared set of channel info from the Enigma 2 section of the forum

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell For This Useful Post:

silverj (20-12-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your response Maxwell4321. That DiseqC control question is somewhat strange I thought. If I remember rightly it asks 'send diseqc only on satellite change?'. I left the default of 'No'. (I figure it sends it all the time/every channel change?) Should it be 'Yes' then?

I have loaded a channel list directly from the box I think (C@jton I think). I'll do it again from this forum to be sure. Would this do? http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post101590

Title
    Thanks
    Update... I have tried with both Yes and No to the DiseqC question - no difference.
    I've tried loading channel lists from the box and from this forum where you suggested Maxwell4321.
    I stepped through the tutorials both here and other forums, no joy.
    I wondered if I could be affected by the 'DECT bug', but switching the base station off has not made a difference - I get nothing under 11934 MHz on 28.2E. In any case the base station is on a different floor and some 30 feet from the Duo.

All in all, it will not work correctly. Unless someone has bright idea soon, I fear it will have to go back... Such a disappointment!