Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CIFS mount impossible on VIX 2.3

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Badboy yes i could access mine with windows as well no problem but not with the xtrent, like i said even if you set the rights on your nas box to full access to every one then see if you can get in to it then, if so then play with your nas box settings till your happy

Paul

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by supra59uk View Post
    Badboy yes i could access mine with windows as well no problem but not with the xtrent, like i said even if you set the rights on your nas box to full access to every one then see if you can get in to it then, if so then play with your nas box settings till your happy

Paul
    I am not using a nas, I am trying to connect to my server shared drive. I have set it up for full read write.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    If you are using windows try this:

1. create a new folder on PC - call it 'vu'
    2. create administrative user on PC - to keep things simple call the user 'vu' and the password 'vu'
    3. share the folder : properties --> sharing --> advanced sharing --> make sure 'share this folder' is checked and click permissions --> make sure everybody has full control

Then on your Vu+ box

1. menu > setup > system > Network > Mount Manager
    2. Add a new network mount point
    3. Active - yes
    local share name - nas,
    mount type - CIFS share
    server IP - (enter PC IP here)
    server share - /vu
    username - vu
    password - vu

If you can then mount the share on the VU this test shows that you have incorrect settings on your Windows machine for the other shares you tried to set up

Title
    Thanks
    My shared drives are on a ubuntu server and I am able to mount them from my windows PC so I know that the setting are correct as I resolved them to get it to work with windows.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoy View Post
    My shared drives are on a ubuntu server and I am able to mount them from my windows PC so I know that the setting are correct as I resolved them to get it to work with windows.
    The instructions I gave were for people trying to mount a windows share to the VU

Title
    Thanks
    nothing new about this crazy bug ?

Title
    Thanks
    @ ablyes, did you ever solve your problem connecting to the Freebox NAS 250GB ?
    I am trying to do the same but after days of trying everything (I think) suggested in the forum cannot connect
    I am on VIX 3.0 build 562, have NFS and SAMBA running, can FTP using Filezilla, can access also from laptop, AV, Disc player,internal and external IP but cannot configure my Ultimo to see it.
    I can see the FREEBOX on Network Browser but unable to mount using CIFS share, with or without password and the mount will not accept NFS.

I have obviously missed something so any feedback from you or help from other members would be much appreciated to protect my sanity http://www.world-of-satellite.com/im...ilies/mad2.gif

Kind regards,

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona View Post
    @ ablyes, did you ever solve your problem connecting to the Freebox NAS 250GB ?
    I am trying to do the same but after days of trying everything (I think) suggested in the forum cannot connect
    I am on VIX 3.0 build 562, have NFS and SAMBA running, can FTP using Filezilla, can access also from laptop, AV, Disc player,internal and external IP but cannot configure my Ultimo to see it.
    I can see the FREEBOX on Network Browser but unable to mount using CIFS share, with or without password and the mount will not accept NFS.

I have obviously missed something so any feedback from you or help from other members would be much appreciated to protect my sanity http://www.world-of-satellite.com/im...ilies/mad2.gif
    Please, create your own thread in the ViX-section: this has nothing to do with the OP.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Oops my apologies, correct NAS but incorrect image
    Only excuse is my confused state

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12