Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ET9000 ViX 2.3 image queries

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

ET9000 ViX 2.3 image queries

Hi m8s,

First of all, I would like to congratulate the ViX team on the 2.3 image....(in time for X-mas that a few on this forum were wishing for ). I have used it for just 2 hours now and am loving it. Its an EXCELLENT image, very stable (like all ViX images !!), very user-friendly (as is always the case with ViX images) YET if you want to take control there's an option for it.

Couple of quick queries :

1) I was eagerly waiting to see if the new image would manage to give audio on my collection of Bluray rips X264 DTS. I still don't get any audio ..is this still WIP, any chance of getting this improvement any time soon ? This is one feature that I am really eagerly looking for to in the ET9x00.

2) Can someone give me a short tutorial on how to use the HDMI-CEC features? Can't seem to make it work with my Bravia EX4 series TV.

3) Any tutorials on how to use the uShare DLNA ?

4) How do I use permanent time-shift ? I have enabled it but still can't seem to be able to use it.

5) How do I get rid of some of the info on the info bar like signal strength, satellite/transponder info etc?

Thanks in advance !!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Another (probably a dumb) question :

I loved using the Enhanced Movie Center plugin on Vix2.2. Does it work smoothly with ViX2.3?

Are all the plugins that I used on Vix2.2 compatible with ViX2.3?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    yes EMC works fine with vix 2.3 i'm using version 3 on my duo.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

im85288 (12-12-11),kunmun23 (12-12-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Do ALL other plugins work as well? I'm assuming not given that ViX2.3 is based on Kernel 3.x which has major changes.

Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    yes EMC works fine with vix 2.3 i'm using version 3 on my duo.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    every plugin i use from 2.2 still works but some may not, you will only know which do or dont if you try them.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

kunmun23 (12-12-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Update :

Query 1 : bluray rips x264 DTS mkv no audio issue resolved by installing the drivers from post #1 from HERE

Query 2 : The basic function switching the TV on and off along with the receiver seems to work fine. That's enough for me so I'd say this is resolved for now...the HDMI CEC is in beta at the moment.

Query 3 : Any help appreciated...

Query 4 : This one remains a pain point..it didn't work for me in ViX2.2 and it doesn't work in ViX 2.3 either. Am I understanding the expected behaviour correctly ? Once I zap into a channel, it should automatically start to buffer and I should be able rewind back. This doesn't seem to happen. When I press rewind, it pauses the channel and then the timeshift kicks in.

Query 5: Any help appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by kunmun23 View Post
    Hi m8s,

First of all, I would like to congratulate the ViX team on the 2.3 image....(in time for X-mas that a few on this forum were wishing for ). I have used it for just 2 hours now and am loving it. Its an EXCELLENT image, very stable (like all ViX images !!), very user-friendly (as is always the case with ViX images) YET if you want to take control there's an option for it.

Couple of quick queries :

1) I was eagerly waiting to see if the new image would manage to give audio on my collection of Bluray rips X264 DTS. I still don't get any audio ..is this still WIP, any chance of getting this improvement any time soon ? This is one feature that I am really eagerly looking for to in the ET9x00.

2) Can someone give me a short tutorial on how to use the HDMI-CEC features? Can't seem to make it work with my Bravia EX4 series TV.

3) Any tutorials on how to use the uShare DLNA ?

4) How do I use permanent time-shift ? I have enabled it but still can't seem to be able to use it.

5) How do I get rid of some of the info on the info bar like signal strength, satellite/transponder info etc?

Thanks in advance !!

Title
    Thanks
    Update :

Query 4 : This one remains a pain point..it didn't work for me in ViX2.2 and it doesn't work in ViX 2.3 either. Am I understanding the expected behaviour correctly ? Once I zap into a channel, it should automatically start to buffer and I should be able rewind back. This doesn't seem to happen. When I press rewind, it pauses the channel and then the timeshift kicks in.
    If I remember correctly you first need to press pause, then press play and then press pause again! When you press pause the second time a red marker comes up that allows you to rewind in the buffer

Title
    Thanks
    Firstly thanks for the image, excellent.
    Just had an issue with a skin and am reflashing , with the update Sicilain put out yesterday.
    I realise I can find out when I have re-loaded, but does Sicilians's update include the driver update of 12.12.11
    from the image descriptor it does not ?

Title
    Thanks
    To answer my thread:
    Checked after reflash.
    The new ones are there

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes there was an update on the ViX image y'day...I mean when I went to Software Update on ViX it did download an update yesterday ...am assuming the new drivers are included in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Watsoccurring View Post
    To answer my thread:
    Checked after reflash.
    The new ones are there

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes...its covered in THIS thread
    Quote Originally Posted by im85288 View Post
    If I remember correctly you first need to press pause, then press play and then press pause again! When you press pause the second time a red marker comes up that allows you to rewind in the buffer

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Update 2 :
    Did a reflash of the image after cleaning up folders in the hard drive and removing the USB flash drive

Query 3 : ushare DLNA works now. I can see ViX on my laptop

Query 5 : Any help appreciated.

Update :

Query 1 : bluray rips x264 DTS mkv no audio issue resolved by installing the drivers from post #1 from HERE

Query 2 : The basic function switching the TV on and off along with the receiver seems to work fine. That's enough for me so I'd say this is resolved for now...the HDMI CEC is in beta at the moment.

Query 3 : Any help appreciated...

Query 5: Any help appreciated

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i'm no expert so forgive me if i am wrong, and no doubt if i am some on will correct me. but you cant just remove that info without going into the configuration files of the chosen skin and editing it out your self as it is part of the skin it self.

SIMPLES.

Alias1
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    i'm no expert so forgive me if i am wrong, and no doubt if i am some on will correct me. but you cant just remove that info without going into the configuration files of the chosen skin and editing it out your self as it is part of the skin it self.
    Correct or try a different skin

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hmm...there are so many customizations of the OSD possible through the UI. I wish I could customize the infobar to give it a cleaner look...i don't want to see the transponder info, the cccam server details, SNR values etc.

Is there a plugin to do that..if not may I request the ViX team experts for this enhancement on the next release ? Not even something complex...a simple solution like "Info bar settings >> Simple/Intermediate/Advanced" would work great !!

infobar.PNG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast