Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: No image/picture, just sound on SOME HD-chans?!

Title
    Thanks

Question No image/picture, just sound on SOME HD-chans?!

Ok, so i am trying view a HD-channel that i've used to be able to watch a couple of weeks ago. Now, all of a sudden, i can only hear the SOUND, but there is NO image displayed, whatsoever! I can view other HD-channels such as Discovery HD, Viasat Sport HD, Canal+ Film HD etc. but I cannot view that particular channel along with some other HD-channels... WHY not?! What is wrong? I tried calling my cable provider, but they said that i should just search the channels over again and it would be fixed, and so i tried, but that did not solve the issue either...

yes, i am using vu+ duo. i am on Thor 0.8W and Sirius 4.8E.

What else should i look for to be able to watch the channel(s)?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goodiegood View Post
    Ok, so i am trying view a HD-channel that i've used to be able to watch a couple of weeks ago. Now, all of a sudden, i can only hear the SOUND, but there is NO image displayed, whatsoever! I can view other HD-channels such as Discovery HD, Viasat Sport HD, Canal+ Film HD etc. but I cannot view that particular channel along with some other HD-channels... WHY not?! What is wrong? I tried calling my cable provider, but they said that i should just search the channels over again and it would be fixed, and so i tried, but that did not solve the issue either...

yes, i am using vu+ duo. i am on Thor 0.8W and Sirius 4.8E.

What else should i look for to be able to watch the channel(s)?
    it's very likely down to the satellite providers making changes to the channels V PID settings, normally a rescan will correct this although sometimes you do need to manually enter the new details in a program such as dreamboxedit to get them back. which channels exactly ?
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I see, I see. Well, they are norwegian channels; TV2 PL1 HD, TV2 PL2 HD and TV2 PL3 HD.

What would be the VPIDs for those channels and how do I change it in the DreamboxEdit?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    you can get all the details from here

Code:
     http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-4.8E.php
    Code:
    http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-0.8W.php

as for dreamboxedit,

launch the program and go to FTP transfer part of the program and click on the receive files from dreambox tab. ( providing you have set up a profile for the receiver ). DBE will connect to your receiver and download the bouquet, you can then edit any of the details you want for channels / satellites / favorites and many many more. once done transfer them back and reboot the box. you can also make a backup of your bouquets for safekeeping etc.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    This really sucks. I cannot even figure out if i do have a profile setup for the receiver... And it really frustrates that I cannot watch 1 channel I really want to watch, I just keep hearing the sound!!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    to setup a profile in DBE for your receiver, go to the options page ( the icon that looks like a cog or gear ) there you can enter the details for the receiver such as user name / password and ip address etc.

the user name should be root and the password blank or password ( if using ViX and you have not changed it ).

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Hmm. That seems to be my only option left, so Imma try that...

Ok. I tried connecting and I am fairly sure i discovered the "problem"...

According to the 0.8W-overview URL you gave me earlier, the TV2 Premier League 1 HD is supposed to be on Intelsat/Thor 0.8W, right? Well, when I check/look for the channel in DBE, it says that it belongs to Sirius4.8E _and_ that it is a "Data" instead of "TV" like the other channels are... THAT gotta be the "problem" here! Now, how do I fix/change THAT?! What do I need to change here: http://bildr.no/view/1047753 - There you can see my settings. What must I change in order to get the channel to work?

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, so i tried editing the settings (according to the url you gave me) and uploaded the settings/boquet back to my VU+Duo, restarted (not restart enigma) the tuner, but nah... nothing happened. Now i don't even get the audio to appear, and i still have the previous channel that only lets me view the audio and NOT the image of the channel! What am I doing wrong?

The thing is that when i do an automatic scan/search for new channels., it finds the channels indeed, but it finds them on the wrong sat; Sirius4.8E instead of Intelsat/thor0.8W, which is where the channels are supposed to be! How come?!

Title
    Thanks
    Oh nevermind. Oh my good grief what a NOOB I've been! I've mislooked the satellites! I thought I had signals on BOTH Sirius AND Intelsat6, but Intelsat6 has been COMPLETELY wiped off due to the storm happenings we had here in Norway! So yeah, I have to fix the signals and THEN do a search. I am terrible sorry that I have posted so many useless posts when in the end it was a dead simple solution. I apologize for the mess and all, but at least the problem seems to be "solved"... Just gotta fix that first.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hello All,
    I hope you all had an absolutely wonderful christmas day!! I am laying on the sofa just relaxing and trying to get over ALL the food and drink!!
    I was looking at the channels this morning and found that a couple of channels had sound but no picture.
    Having gone through pressing various buttons, I pressed the picture in picture button and hey presto the picture appeared in the picture in picture pop up window.
    Is this to do with the box setting or the tv setting?
    I now cannot relax until I have fixed it.
    I have read the above, would the PID setting affect the problem I have mentioned?