Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ViX Team ET9x00 Image v2.3 -07/12/2011

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alias1 View Post
    You are right I am wrong end of story; you wont hear any more about this image from me on this forum happy
    we welcome all bug reports.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    I am NOT trying to pick a fight here but that is a lame explaination.
    How the hell is a newbie supposed to be able to pick that up.
    This thing was beta tested for so long that surely that should have been checked.
    As for the fan control plugin they are now up to version 3 not 2. something.
    We you could start by posting what issues your having with other skins and which skins as for dan control you post the version 3 plugin instead of moaning. Maybe we should have released the image based on 3.0.3, let everyone upgrade, then you really would have had something to bitch and moan about

Like Pheonix said, we accept all bug reports with open arms, but we need full information, not one line moans.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alias1
    Guys gotta say I am disappointed
    2. The standard skin is pushed to the left I know this can be fixed but why should I have to do it.
    3. Some of the skins on the vix downloads are not compatible with this image see the crash log.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian
    3. . We never claimed that they where fully compatible, you can make compatible if you wish and we'll update them in the feeds.
    I am NOT trying to pick a fight here but that is a lame explanation.
    This thing was beta tested for so long that surely that should have been checked.
    ad 2: That is due to the fact that your TV apparently is set to overscan: you should not do that. But if you do, you can correct this via the OSD-settings

ad 3: I f you had any idea what betatesting is about, you would not have mentioned this. Or at least not in this way.
    We do put a lot of effort in testing as much plugins as possible. We even repaired plugins of which other image makers simply say "you must ask the plugin maker to repair it". And we took out a number of plugins that we can't repair.
    But you can't seriously expect us to test every possible plugin in every possible hard- and software combination. Or if you do, testing would take month instead of weeks: is that what you want, just for a plugin?

Quote Originally Posted by Aslain
    Does the channel switching with key numbers works for you? It doesn't for me. It only shows the numbers for a few secs, pressing OK doesn't help either. Using default skin without any changes to keys.
    Yes, works flawless on all boxes.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

andyblac (09-12-11),Sicilian (09-12-11)

Alias1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    ad 2: That is due to the fact that your TV apparently is set to overscan: you should not do that. But if you do, you can correct this via the OSD-settings

ad 3: I f you had any idea what betatesting is about, you would not have mentioned this. Or at least not in this way.
    We do put a lot of effort in testing as much plugins as possible. We even repaired plugins of which other image makers simply say "you must ask the plugin maker to repair it". And we took out a number of plugins that we can't repair.
    But you can't seriously expect us to test every possible plugin in every possible hard- and software combination. Or if you do, testing would take month instead of weeks: is that what you want, just for a plugin?

Dont tell what my TV is set to when you dont even know the model.
    It is NOT set to overscan.
    As for beta testing give me a break I was a beta tester on nabilosat before they broke off; and it just so happens to be the Pli skin that is causing the box to hang.
    If you guys want to deliver a image that contains downloadable plugins that dont work or are out of date eg fan plugin thats your problem.
    Last edited by Alias1; 09-12-11 at 08:41.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    OK, as you apparently know everything much better then we do, don't expect any answers any more

Dont tell what my TV is set to when you dont even know the model.
    It is NOT set to overscan.
    Well, not so difficult: the TV make & model have nothing to do with that. Your description was clear enough to draw the most probable conclusion........
    Last edited by Rob van der Does; 09-12-11 at 10:20.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

andyblac (09-12-11),Larry-G (09-12-11),Sicilian (09-12-11)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    I am NOT trying to pick a fight here but that is a lame explaination.
    Heres a good example of posting about an issue http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...val-on-Vix-2-3

The member who reported the issue was calm and it was dealt with in a calm reasonable manner Thank you Aslain for reporting the issue in the way that you did and for being patient with us
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (09-12-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    The member who reported the issue was calm and it was dealt with in a calm reasonable manner Thank you Aslain for reporting the issue in the way that you did and for being patient with us
    You are welcome Sicilian. I was a betatester in many different projects (game betatesting mostly), I know the drill more or less I could do it better, with more details, but I was kinda busy last days.

Yes, works flawless on all boxes.
    Could you give any hints what to check on my box? Because it's not working here on my ET9000, I can even record a short video on my cell to show you all. Like I wrote before, I press a number key, it shows me this number in a center of screen and turns off after few secs, nothing further happens.

I'm on default ViX 2.3, didnt change anything expect for setting up things like tuners, cams, and epg importer.
    Last edited by Aslain; 09-12-11 at 10:05.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aslain View Post
    Could you give any hints what to check on my box? Because it's not working here on my ET9000, I can even record a short video on my cell to show you all. Like I wrote before, I press a number key, it shows me this number in a center of screen and turns off after few secs, nothing further happens.

I'm on default ViX 2.3, didnt change anything expect for setting up things like tuners, cams, and epg importer.
    Sorry, I have no idea why it doesn't work for you. It works fine here on DUO, UNO, ET5x00 and ET9x00.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, check this out:

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aslain View Post

does this happen on FTA channels ?, could you turn on Debug Log (found in Setup --> System --> Logs)

restart GUI, try changing a few channels (FTA) then me the log via Log Manager.

thanks
    andy
    D I S C L A I M E R

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    @Aslain

Have you tried changing the battery's on the remote i have had the similar problem in the past with flat battery's

the et models seem to use battery really quick
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    @Aslain

Have you tried changing the battery's on the remote i have had the similar problem in the past with flat battery's

the et models seem to use battery really quick
    Yes I have. It's not battery problem I guess, as it allows me to enter channel numbers so it's fine. All keys remote working for sure.

You probably refering to my video, I simply pointed my remote to wrong directions this is why it didnt showed the numbers, when I directed it a little down it worked - simply I was too close to screen

@andyblac
    I will check on FTA and send you debugging logs

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Aslain For This Useful Post:

bassethound (09-12-11)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    What happens if you press "OK" directly after typing the desired number?

Oh, btw, you don't have to "prove" yourself: I think we all believe you. It's just the problem that nobody seems to be able to reproduce this.

Title
    Thanks
    What happens if you press "OK" directly after typing the desired number?

Oh, btw, you don't have to "prove" yourself: I think we all believe you. It's just the problem that nobody seems to be able to reproduce this.
    I know, I just wanted to show it for you

- When I enter a channel number it shows me current infobar for a couple of seconds only.
    - If I enter a channel number + press OK, it does nothing at all.

Oh btw. I cant see a channel number on infobar, is that suppose to work like that? hence:

[...]
    action -> InfobarShowHideActions hide
    warning, skin is missing element channel in <class 'Screens.InfoBarGenerics.NumberZap'>
    action -> SetupActions ok
    action -> InfobarShowHideActions hide
    [...]
    Last edited by Aslain; 09-12-11 at 12:17.

Title
    Thanks
    The same happens on english lang.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast