Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Install Mgcamd on VU+Uno

Title
    Thanks

Install Mgcamd on VU+Uno

Hi all,

I'm trying to do this (on an Uno) but not having much luck

I've got the mgcamd installed and activated but i'm not clearing anything, cccam works fine though.

What im sturggling with is the newcamd.list file, i've seen a tutorial but i'm not sure what i've got in there is correct

I got the following from this tutorial http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...with-Vix-image but i'm not getting any joy

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
    CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
    CWS = 192.168.1.1 20000 dummy dummy 10 02 13 04 15 06 17 08 01 10 11 12 13

Would my cws be 192.168.1.1 ??

I'm so close to sorting it but just need some extra help !

Alias1
    Looks fine to me
    Except you seem to be using your CW to point to your gateway change that if that does not work try the following
    in mg_cfg file
    B: { 06 }

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Alias,

I'm a complete novice when it comes to mgcamd, used cccam for years and this is my first go at a different softcam.

Should the ip address be 192.168.1.1 ? What's that for or what should that be ?

Also I'm not 100% on the cw thing, do I need to use those ?

Apolagies for the basic questions I have tried to find the answers first before posting but I've hit a brick wall now

:-)

Alias1
    Quote Originally Posted by rmprest View Post
    Hi Alias,

I'm a complete novice when it comes to mgcamd, used cccam for years and this is my first go at a different softcam.

Should the ip address be 192.168.1.1 ? What's that for or what should that be ?

Also I'm not 100% on the cw thing, do I need to use those ?

Apolagies for the basic questions I have tried to find the answers first before posting but I've hit a brick wall now

:-)
    I assume 192.168.1.1 is your gate way address NEVER use this for your ip address you can use 127.0.0.1 which is the local loopback address
    The rest of the CW line is fine and you do need it

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alias1 For This Useful Post:

rmprest (23-11-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Surely you need to use the same address as you did when you used cccam?

Title
    Thanks
    I thought as much, the reason the 192.168.1.1 was only in there as that was in the pdf tutorial I found

I'll give that a go this evening, thanks for your help Alias