Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ViX Team Vu+ Duo Image v2.3 - 19/11/2011

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts

Thumbs up ViX Team Vu+ Duo Image v2.3 - 19/11/2011

New VIX Image Vu+ Duo - v2.3
    19/11/2011 - Open ViX 2.3

From VIX Team

Enigma: 18-110-2011.
    Enigma Plugins: 18-11-2011.
    GCC Version: 4.4.4.
    Kernel Version: 2.6.18.
    Drivers: 2011-11-14.

This image requires the latest bootloader (attached to this post) to be flashed. This is because Vu+ have changed the way the drivers work. So, before updating your image, you will need to first flash the bootloader, then flash the new image. Flashing of new bootloader only takes a few seconds, so once flashing's completed, then just turn off the box, transfer the new image to the usb stick, and flash with that.

Because of a lot of changes behind the scenes of the image and building, you will not be able to perform an online update. A full flash is required for this version of ViX image. Due to many changes (a.o. renamed settings) it is strongly advised NOT to restore old settings. Of course channel-settings can be backed up using a setting editor and restored later. We strongly recommend that after installing channel settings from feeds or uploading your own that you re-scan all satellites used to avoid any future issues.

This revision of the image has undergone many different builds, hours and hours of coding/fixing, and we hope that you are now happy to reflash with the latest ViX image!

Team ViX Enchancements

New Features

Added items to the Information Screen - Added Devices and System Information to Menu -> Information. In Devices, you get all the information about connected devices on your box (HDD, USB and Network Shares), and System Information will show you your memory on your box (Swap, Free memory etc).
    Added OSD Settings - This replaces the overscan option within the ViX image. Go to Menu -> Setup -> System -> OSD -> OSD Setup, and ensure the screen fills your TV set exactly to ensure that all menu options are shown correctly for your TV.
    Added blindscan - Now, ET9000 and Vu+ Uno both have blindscan ability incorporated in to the image. And, best of all, a nice simple scan routine for it. You can choose to scan all horizontal and vertical polaritys, as well as high and low bands all in one pass. Save having to run the blind scan for each individually :thumsbup:.
    Added support for HDMI-CEC - This image now allows you to control your box using your tv remote. Remember, this is still experimental at the moment, and can work differently between different brands of TV makes/models.
    Added uShare - Allow the box to be detected by your DLNA devices that support this protocol. This can be configured under Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> uShare Setup.
    Added AFP - The Apple Fileshare Protocol makes it easy for your OSX devices to find your box and use the box natively within the OS. This can be configured from Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> AFP Setup.
    Added EPG Automatic Refresh/Save - These are useful for members who keep a single EPG datasource on a network share with multiple boxes. In Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> Settings, you have the option to choose a network location (as long as configured within the NetworkBrowser). If you use this, you might want to update the EPG data from this location automatically. So now you can using the Automatic Refresh option on a client box, and Setup the Automatic Save option on a server box (the box that update the epg data.). Do not use these options both on same box.
    Added Automounts option - This allows the box to automatically recreate network mounts. If you've had times where the NFS of CIFS server has been restarted, or lost power etc, then you'll know that your box cannot access this network share. Well, as long as you have configured the share through the Mount Manager, then you can configure the Automount to automatically remount the share as often as you like by going to Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Devices -> MountManager.
    Default Skin Change - The Default skin has been changed from ViX HD to ViX Day HD. Another ViX skin has been developed for download from the plugin server under the ViX section, called ViX Night HD. This is for those who want a darker skin for their image. Please report any skin issues you may find with the ViX Night HD skin. We think we have them all covered, but can't be too sure...
    Many plugins translated/made translatable - Allows the plugins to display correctly the information in your own language (as defined on original setup).
    Added seekbar functionality to the image - Allow you to seek within a recording playback to where you would like to be within the playback. To utilise this, please hold down the << or >> buttons on your remote, and the seekbar will appear at the top. Use the arrow keys on the remote to choose where you would like to seek to in the playback, and press OK to start playback from this point.
    Added Image Download to Image Manager - This allows you to download the latest full image from the server, and flash it to your box. To access this, go to the Image Manager from with ViX menu, and press the help button. This will list all available images to download.
    Lots more under the hood updates/enhancements - A few menu options and screens have become more integrated to their respective menus. For example, the Recording Paths menu is no longer required, as Timeshift Path is defined in Timeshift Setup, and Recording Path in Recording Setup.

Fixes

Corrected a number of plugins.
    Updated network components, including better support for WiFi.
    Updated translatability; updated German & Dutch translations.
    Hidden several ViX-core functions from the plugin-browser.
    Better handling of SWAP partitions by the Mount Manager.
    Audio Button - The audio button now works as advertised.

Button Mappings

Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
    Long Red*** - Show current event.
    Short Green** & *** - Timers.
    Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
    Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
    Long Yellow*** - IMDB Database.
    Short Blue - Extensions.
    Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
    EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
    Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
    Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
    Up/Down** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
    Long Up/Down** - Open Simple TV List.
    TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
    Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.

** Can be changed in ViX Menu
    *** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Known Bugs
    • When using timeshift and a recording starts to take place, then you will not get a REC icon on the VFD.
    Special Thanks

• rytec - for his continued support.
    • zoka.cc for his Picon sets
    • all developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
    • All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image working.
    • 'Rob van der Does' & 'belierzz' for their translation work.
    • Silverfox0786 for channel settings and picons.

Requests

If anyone is interested in doing any translation work for the plugins and the image itself, please contact either Andy or Sicilian...

Download from HERE
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

2. The Following 58 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

2bagstew (20-11-11),acco (20-11-11),bassethound (19-11-11),BlessedYouth (19-11-11),Blu-ray (28-11-11),bobpat (20-11-11),bongo182 (19-11-11),briace (19-11-11),budu (19-11-11),BuKandar83 (21-11-11),canthackit (19-11-11),chrisjones (18-12-11),cosie (19-11-11),cyberzeke (20-11-11),dany (11-12-11),darren28 (26-12-11),delahzo (22-11-11),Donnie (19-11-11),Doreblade (26-11-11),dts (28-11-11),E2Royal (20-11-11),edanto (17-12-11),fiston (30-11-11),georgede (19-11-11),givecredit (19-11-11),handogin (21-11-11),hanenyo (21-11-11),harryoz (19-11-11),hummer66 (20-11-11),jareks49 (21-11-11),jfk (19-11-11),kenhib (22-11-11),Larry-G (19-11-11),marty (19-11-11),Maxwell (19-11-11),mcquaim (19-11-11),micscave (20-11-11),N/East Unlocker (19-11-11),palantir (20-11-11),Predr@g (31-01-12),regors5 (19-11-11),silverfox0786 (19-11-11),steve43 (24-11-11),tony081 (22-11-11),touriga (17-12-11),Trogen (13-12-11),vmax (15-12-11),WOIIFTM (19-11-11),wullboy (19-11-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Will be on my duo in about 3 mins thanks to the team

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Great stuff just gonna install it now!!!!!!!!!!!!
    VU+ DUO² (Triple S2 tuners) VIX, 750gb
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    GigaBlue HD 800 UE Plus VIX
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    Octagon SF8 VIX (751MHz bootloader)
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700
    DGS108 GBLAN, DIY NAS (8TB) XPEnology
    1.1m dish, 0.1db Quad LNB, GTSAT DM14MG motor
    80cm dish, 2x 0.1db LNB + 1x Quad 0.2db LNB, Disqec 4/1.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    LMAO some one stuffed up the dates on the release threads.

just putting those rite now. 19/11/11 not 19/10/11

LOL
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    im strugling to get my channel list working

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mickbrush View Post
    im strugling to get my channel list working
    how so, please explain whats up ?, so i can help
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    excellent, nice work guys.

are the WinTV-NOVA-T drivers missing from the feeds now?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    no mate they in driversd section not in dvb section use dib7000
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

edanto (17-12-11),givecredit (19-11-11),Maniek_th (20-11-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    working ow andy dont know what was wrong but all ok now

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mickbrush For This Useful Post:

andyblac (19-11-11),Sicilian (19-11-11)

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    All working perfect..

Another great job guys.. A total credit to all involved..

1 down.. 4 to go.. lol

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

andyblac (19-11-11),Larry-G (19-11-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Guys do i flash the bootloader via usb ? or FTP ?
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul362 View Post
    Guys do i flash the bootloader via usb ? or FTP ?
    USB like an image
    D I S C L A I M E R

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

paul362 (19-11-11)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    no mate they in driversd section not in dvb section use dib7000
    Thanks Silver,
    downloaded & working now...

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

andyblac (19-11-11),Sicilian (19-11-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

What about timers?

Hi,

Can't wait to try this one!

Ok, for the settings (I can save and download the old ones or install new ones) but what about timers? Is it possible to save the list from /etc to the HD and put it back? Or it has to be recreated from scratch.

G

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GiP View Post
    Hi,

Can't wait to try this one!

Ok, for the settings (I can save and download the old ones or install new ones) but what about timers? Is it possible to save the list from /etc to the HD and put it back? Or it has to be recreated from scratch.

G
    yeah, save the /etc/enigma2/timers.xml & etc/enigma2/autotimers.xml, then ftp them back on box when ready, and restart gui, but don't use the /etc/enigma2/settings file, unfortunately too much has changed.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andyblac For This Useful Post:

GiP (19-11-11),WOIIFTM (19-11-11)

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast