Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Warning! Dae.bin Being Silently Updated Through XBOX LIVE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts

Warning! Dae.bin Being Silently Updated Through XBOX LIVE

Bad news for all users using flashed Xbox360, Microsoft “released” a new silent protection. If you have an error when you want to start a game like MW3, Rage, NFS The Run or Batman Arkham City resulting an error like “Can not read disk”,that’s mean your console is flag’d by Microsoft… Stay away from XBOXlive when you are using backup disc, or use xKey…

Update frome c4eva
    : “In short every game now has a unique dae.bin file and will always constantly change, which means the end of cfw and the xk3y. as soon as you log onto xbox live a silent update will flag your xbox for a ban, if you have logged on live or after nov 17th you are flagged for a ban, no way around it. only use the xk3y for playing offline. its now 100% xbox live UNSAFE.”

“First and foremost, a warning — at this current time it is advised that you stay offline and avoid playing any AP2.5/XGD3 backups. It has been confirmed by the team that the dae.bin is now being silently updated on all LIVE-connected boxes.

This update is not being deployed via a SystemUpdate or TitleUpdate, but rather occurs in the background without any visual indication or prompt to the user. As such, there is no means by which it can be cancelled or avoided, other than not connecting to LIVE. If you’ve connected to LIVE in the past 24 hours, your system has likely already been updated with a changed dae.bin.

All AP2.5/XGD3 backups that contain the now older AP25 replay data will fail the system’s AP2.5 challenges and indeed flag your system (the flagging has also been confirmed by the team).

Like our news a few days ago, the dae.bin is now being changed by way of an appended challenge table in the same manner on current retail dashes (13604) as it is on the preview dash (14686), however the content of the challenge tables differ. The team has determined that the appended challenge table appears to be unique per console and contains indentifying information. This means that everyone’s dae.bin is different, and can potentially be traced back to your specific console. Therefore, sharing your dae.bin with others is not advisable.

More info to come.”
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

Mart (22-11-11),pooface (17-11-11),Sicilian (18-11-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Well, looks like MS finally found a way around it then! Took em long enough, but seems like possibly game over for pirate games unless playing offline...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    oh well

time for ofline play or actually buy the game lmoa
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    which means the end of cfw and the xk3y
    Just wondered where you got this bit from?! As looking at c4evaspeaks, it doesn't show that part of the quote on there?!
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    likely added in by who ever created the article,

not that it bothers me much, my hacked 360 RROD'd many moons ago and i have never bothered doing another.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    Just wondered where you got this bit from?! As looking at c4evaspeaks, it doesn't show that part of the quote on there?!
    I got the news of a warez site so it looks like they have used a couple of sites to make a full news story
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Latest update from c4evaspeaks:

Today, Microsoft began rolling out SystemUpdate v2.0.14692.0 to all Xbox 360′s registered in the Fall 2011 Dash Preview program. Although the dae.bin changed in the initial v2.0.14686.0 preview update, its appended challenge was not active, which accounts for why participants were still able to play AP2.5/XGD3 backups. With SU 14692, the previously dormant challenge table has now been activated, and all AP2.5/XGD3 backups containing outdated AP25 replay data will fail the system’s AP2.5 challenges and result in a failure flag. This now means that all LIVE-connected users on both the current 13604 retail dash and 14692 preview dash are faced with the same situation, and needless to say, are still advised to avoid playing any AP2.5/XGD3 backups.
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    And even further news:

iXtreme LT+ v3.0 is on the way! Yesterday, having revealed to the team an idea for countering the recent dae.bin/AP2.5 update, c4eva has today confirmed that he has in fact completely done away with the need for dae.bin/AP2.5 data. Although it’s early stages, c4eva has successfully completed several tests which validate this new method and classified his solution as the “silver bullet” for AP2.5. Rather than using captured challenge results each time the dae.bin changes, the new method builds a complete set of profile data for each disc and works for all AP2.5 challenges, regardless of how the dae.bin is changed. As a result, the format of backup ISOs will be changing as the AP25 replay sector will no longer be included and the profile data will instead take its place. Though c4eva noted that it will take some development time as it’s not a quick fix, both he and the team will now be putting their full efforts behind bringing this solution to life in the form of new versions of iXtreme LT+, Xbox Backup Creator, and abgx360.

*UPDATE* [2011-11-20 04:10AM UTC]
    To answer the deluge of questions we received immediately after the initial post — Hitachi LT+ v2.0 is still on schedule for release. Testing is being completed and an annoucement of when to expect the release will come shortly thereafter.
    Looks like MS will be getting fed up of this really soon! lol. Guess there will be quite a few bans as usual with CoD releases tho
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    And even further news:

Looks like MS will be getting fed up of this really soon! lol. Guess there will be quite a few bans as usual with CoD releases tho
    i will end up getting to a point like the xbox1 did they will close live and make a new console and let people piss on that lol

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    rumors are the new xbox is coming sometime next year.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    rumors are the new xbox is coming sometime next year.
    well they defo passed there standard 7 year mark

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i read a article last week that demo machines were already in the hands of major games manufacturers, but they were just pc's kitted out with similar spec hardware to give them the feel of the next machine. if i find it i'll post it up.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    New xbox is going to be released 2012.
    I did not flash my current one as i know ms are cracking down hard and not worth it really a i only ever play one game personally i,e cod
    Glad i took this option a year ago not to flash further.
    But can see new one being hacked and flashed all over again as with any console