Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: (USA) GameStop launches pre-loaded Android gaming tablets

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

(USA) GameStop launches pre-loaded Android gaming tablets

It's game on for Android tablets. US game shop GameStop is selling gaming tablets: Android slates including the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with a selection of games, including Dead Space and Sonic, built-in and ready to play.

All you have to do is choose your tablet from these Android Honeycomb models: the Acer Iconia, Acer Iconia Tab A500, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Motorola Xoom, ViewSonic ViewPad 7 and Tab 10.1. Prices vary according to which one you pick, but they're no more expensive than if you buy them on their own -- so the pre-loaded games are free.

The tablets come with Dead Space, Madden NFL, Monster Madness, Sonic CD, Re-Load, Riptide GP and Cordy built-in at no extra cost.

For an extra $40 (£25), GameStop is throwing in a tablet-friendly Bluetooth controller.

We'd like to see the idea extended to the retailer throwing in extra content, especially if it's exclusive to the gaming tablet. Other potentially cool features we'd like to see include easy gaming with your friends across your tablets, and a portal to easily discover more quality Android games.

Currently the Android market is stuffed so full of choice that discovering cool new apps among the dross can be tricky, so recommendations and charts from retailers and other players would be useful.

The gaming tablets are only on sale in the US at the moment, but a solid gold idea like that will no doubt make the jump across the pond. If you're of the Yankee doodle persuasion, you can bag a tablet from $300 (£190) in 200 selected GamesStop shops, or order online.

For all your gaming needs, look no further than our button-bashing bros at GameSpot UK. If casual gaming on your tablet or phone is your favourite waste of time, check out their brilliant show Appetite for Distraction.

Do you like the idea of tablets specifically set up for one purpose, like gaming? What features would tempt you to buy a readymade tablet? And what other niches could be filled by such pre-prepared slates? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below

Code:
    http://crave.cnet.co.uk/laptops/gamestop-launches-pre-loaded-android-gaming-tablets-50005921/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (03-11-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    looks like the nokia phones that came out not much success they where

see how this will go down
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    looks like the nokia phones that came out not much success they where

see how this will go down
    i dont know, i had a nokia n-gage in fact i had both versions. and they were cracking little games consoles. they were let down by the games being on SD cards though and the eventual lack of support from games developers once they were hacked. but over all it was a pretty powerful little games machine with a phone attached.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    oh yeah i know what yr saying i had both ngages aswell and whwere you point out the support the sd card games and them being hacked is what let it down

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

digidude
    ive been thinking about getting a tablet, i didnt want an ipad, and over the last 2 years, have found that im buying a lot of samsung equipment without even realising it (after comparing things, have ended up getting samsung) so have actually been thinking of a samsung tablet

im also going to miami next week, so may go shopping while im there

EDIT: just tried reserving one in the downtown miami store, and theyre showing as $499
    Last edited by digidude; 03-11-11 at 20:31.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digidude View Post
    ive been thinking about getting a tablet, i didnt want an ipad, and over the last 2 years, have found that im buying a lot of samsung equipment without even realising it (after comparing things, have ended up getting samsung) so have actually been thinking of a samsung tablet

im also going to miami next week, so may go shopping while im there

EDIT: just tried reserving one in the downtown miami store, and theyre showing as $499
    Thats still better than paying the same in pounds

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?