Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: web interface

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 249 Posts

web interface

I type my vu+ box ip into browser & it will not load the vu+ web interface do i have to install it or summat
    any help apprieciated

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcmedia View Post
    I type my vu+ box ip into browser & it will not load the vu+ web interface do i have to install it or summat
    any help apprieciated
    check that your network adaper is setup correct by going to Menu --> Setup --> System --> Network

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcmedia View Post
    any help apprieciated
    If you got a windows PC check if you can access the box by typing "\\<IP of VU+>" in the start / run command...

Then check if your webinterface plugin is installed and running...

I tried the web TV today and am impressed with the performance...

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    If you are on the original manufacturers firmware I don't think the web interface is installed at standard, you have to install it via the addons/plugins, on all the third party firmwares though it's already installed as standard.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Network settins are right but i cant seem to find it in the plugins section what exactly am i looking for in plugins section
    iam running dream elite image

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    If you are running Dream Elite then it should be there as standard..... Go to Menu > Plugins > Webinterface and click OK, you can then set the various settings there including turning on and off, port it works on etc.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    on a diff note can u recommend a 1m mesh dish and wall mount bracket plz if inappropiate plz delete this reply

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    Yep we have the Orbital 1M dish on our site and a heavy duty 2" wall mount, also a 1M dish pack with the same plus motor, LNB bolts etc. which gets you more for your money (if you need these bits that is), take a look on our website for details, and remember is free delivery for forum members, just enter the voucher code ********** during checkout for free delivery. Any questions feel free to PM me or get in touch via ticket contact or live chat support when online.

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    Sorry just realised you said mesh, afraid no I can't, generally once you go above 80cm they all become solid dish, there is one mesh dish we could get in at 1M but it's a non-brand and really wouldn't advise it.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    ok thanx for reply on dish but i have no option nor can i find the option to install web interface from plugins
    thanx for advice again