Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Service Scan taking ages!

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Have you tried setting the long to east instead of west? Worth a shot...

Title
    Thanks
    I will try that.

Also I find sometimes that when the sat pic plashes at the top right the sat doesnt actually move......but sometimes it does.....ARRRGGGHHH

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Saw a review at the website below for this box:

Code:
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/digital-tv-recorders/vu--duo-698755/review
    On the last page, noticed this:

Verdict

Our only real trouble concerned DiSEqC, certainly with a Moteck positioner. Although there was no problem configuring satellites during the setup phase, the dish would fail to move when a channel on a different satellite was subsequently selected for viewing.

There are plenty of DiSEqC parameters in the setup menus and a tweak of these restored normal operation. If you run into problems you'll appreciate the wide range of support the Vu+ DUO enjoys on internet forums.

Overall, though, this receiver impresses and – with the exception of blind search and PID entry – has everything you could ask for at a sensible price.
    So, looks like the box doesn't work well with all motors. We knew dreamboxes don't always work with all boxes, but could it be that this box is even more pickey???

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    Saw a review at the website below for this box:

Code:
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/digital-tv-recorders/vu--duo-698755/review
    On the last page, noticed this:

So, looks like the box doesn't work well with all motors. We knew dreamboxes don't always work with all boxes, but could it be that this box is even more pickey???
    I really hope the tm2600 motor isnt one of these....although its starting to look like it!!

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    No the review is not correct, we sent them this for review, unfortunately the guy in the review failed to mention he was using this with a 36V actuator and seperate 'V-Box' type (he failed to tell me this as well until the review had already been wrote!), so please discount what's been said there, there is NO PROBLEM with the VU+ DUO and DiSEqC motors including the Technomate TM-2600 as the boss here I'm sure will be happy to confirm.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Retired member For This Useful Post:

pooface (09-07-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ********* View Post
    No the review is not correct, we sent them this for review, unfortunately the guy in the review failed to mention he was using this with a 36V actuator and seperate 'V-Box' type (he failed to tell me this as well until the review had already been wrote!), so please discount what's been said there, there is NO PROBLEM with the VU+ DUO and DiSEqC motors including the Technomate TM-2600 as the boss here I'm sure will be happy to confirm.

Please could you suggest what else the issue may be? You seem to know quite a bit

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    Well to save me going back through the whole thread, what is the problem exactly, the motor is not turning the dish full stop, or the motor is turning the dish but it doesn't appear to turn to the right place, ie you get no signal, or little signal?

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    If the problem is still as the first post and going on the few posts I have read (I have been reading on and off for the past day or so) it seems to me the receiver and motor are doing there job as such, they are working together based on the settings you have given them, so to me it seems the obvious thing here is the dish install / alignment, my honest thoughts without being infront of the thing is something's not right with the alignment somewhere along the lines and you really want to be getting the guy back that's installed it....

USALS works well, but it is specific to the dish, motor and pole being bang on right, if this is not the case then the receiver and motor will still move but not most likely to the right location, you've tried most everything, the motor does move, it all suggests to me the dish/motor install needs a second look at..... Unless anyone else wants to chime in with any other suggestions?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    It could well be the lat/long is not correct. Since if they are not, then it won't be moving the right distances to track the arc!

Just to clarify, is the actual motor outside moving when you try to change satellite? i.e. go from 28e to 30w (assuming within your limits of dish maneouverability), and then go outside and check the dish. It should definately be moving for that distance...

If not, could be a problem with the wiring. When the sat installer installed it, how did he check to ensure that you have the whole arc? Did he use any set top box to check that you could receive the channels and the motor turned!? Or did he just use the buttons on the motor to move the satellite, along with a sat meter of some kind?!
    Last edited by pooface; 09-07-10 at 13:19.

Title
    Thanks
    Both mate. It seems that sometimes the dish will turn and sometimes it doesnt. When it does i still dont get a picture. I have times where i have got a picture and it just freezes. SNR% goes up and down.

I think the problem is that i have changed the tuner settings so many times that i have confused my self. So when i get in i will set the LON and LAT on tuner A and set Tuner B to Other cable from LNB(or whatever it is). I will leave these settings and just investigate further with these.

Would i need to move the dish position? Im sure i wouldnt as all these are set in the enigma 2 files, forgive me if im wrong. If the sat did move to say astra and the screen would come up and freeze, with SNR% low what would i need to do??

Title
    Thanks
    It could well be the lat/long is not correct. Since if they are not, then it won't be moving the right distances to track the arc!
    The Postcode is AL10, in hatfield. Im sure the lon and lat settings are correct.

Title
    Thanks

Just to clarify, is the actual motor outside moving when you try to change satellite? i.e. go from 28e to 30w (assuming within your limits of dish maneouverability), and then go outside and check the dish. It should definately be moving for that distance...

If not, could be a problem with the wiring. When the sat installer installed it, how did he check to ensure that you have the whole arc? Did he use any set top box to check that you could receive the channels and the motor turned!? Or did he just use the buttons on the motor to move the satellite, along with a sat meter of some kind?!
    I think he just used the buttons on the motor.

The dish sometimes moves....but like i said the times it hasnt moved could be when ive tried the advanced settings for the tuner.

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    If the dish moves and you get a picture but freezing then it's obviously close but not quite there, which could mean a couple of things, one that your LAT and LON settings are not quite right as pooface says, two that the dish/motor/pole is not quite aligned right or even a combination of both (the other thing not mentioned so far is maybe the LNB is dodgy - unlikely but can't be totally discounted).

My other other thing i'd suggest for the setup stage, though really shouldn't matter, but I'd leave Tuner B as not connected for now, lets get your motor turning and working right first on Tuner A then we can worry about Tuner B later, just so as not to confuse matters at the moment...

Don't worry about the Technomate TM-2600 not working, the boss here uses one I know and I've also supplied these on all the local installs we've had which is only a handful but still no problems what so ever, so we know the DUO / TM-2600 combo is good.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sn196 View Post
    The Postcode is AL10, in hatfield. Im sure the lon and lat settings are correct.
    Try going to:

Code:
    www.dishpointer.com
    Enter your full postcode in there, and once you have, make sure that you can see the satellite picture of your house. Then, try moving it to roughly which point on your house the satellite is. When I typed the first part of my postcode, it came up somewhere no where near where I live. The difference in long/lat is amazing also!!! These were a difference of long: 0.052, lat: 0.110.

Remember, these satellites are 10s of thousends of miles away, so they have to be spot on to be able to receive the signal. If it's a degree out, then you're unlikely to receive a signal!

Title
    Thanks
    Guys i just wana say thanks for all the comments. I will try everything suggested and keep you updated. Failing that i will get my sat man back in to tune the sat on another reciever so that i know its deffo working.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast