Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: struggling with motor set up !!

Title
    Thanks
    It took a while to convince myself that the unit was not malfunctioning. I eventually got it to work by using the image

VU+-Support.co.uk-Loaded24-05-10.rar

In this thread http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...at-for-newbies

That worked right out of the box for me, have you tried it, once I had this working OK I just worked back to find where I was going wrong, I am now using The Dream Elite image

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ttt1892 View Post
    "Tuner Configuration Menu

I use USALS so I set up the first tuner A and I then selected Advanced setup and select “13 east” in the same menu, I then selected LNB1 and put in my coordinates further down the menu after selecting motorised or diseq or something like that ( I am not in front of the unit at present so doing this from memory until I get home a little later)."

I don`t understand why you are choosing 1 satellite at a time.Where it says satellite choose "All Satellites 1". Where it says LOF choose "Universal LNB" and make sure your longitude and latitude are correct.

ttt.
    I never found that, I will take a look when I get home, anyway why aren't you watching the footy, I am also a geordie and support NUFC

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I am watching it.Spain winning 1-0. That damn octopus has got the result right again.

ttt.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Lightbulb

Guys ....
    i,ve tried all of the suggestions in this thread LOL ... my melon is now twisted ... maybe missed something along the way ...anyway ...one last go for tonight and then modern warfare 2 LOL ...
    thanks for your help guys
    sloth

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Wink Success

Holy molely . i have got it to move between 28.2 , 19.2 and 13 east By just selecting channel ...not using Usals !!! Yipeeee . will post how etc in the morning ...now going for a Lie down !!!

Sloth
    Last edited by SLOTH; 07-07-10 at 21:32.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    too late to cancel the new motor??? lol

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    too late to cancel the new motor??? lol
    A good excuse to have 2 motorised dishes up & running to get the most from the box. If you can get that one by the misses you're a better man than me

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Wink

Pooface
    mate am gonna change motor anyway ..the one i,m using doesnt seem to support usals ..and is getting on abit !!!
    Micscave
    missus left a year ago LOL dont need any excuses LOL

Sloth

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Alright guys heres my tuppence worth. Usals wont work correctly with your actual long n lat unless your dish and motor is spot on. So as you were able to manually drive it to different birds and get it to lock on them I think your motor aint set correct.

My own is a few degrees out but if i alter the longitude settings by a few degrees it pulls in everything I need . My actual location is 5.9 west but i use 2.5 in the config . You do loose the sats at the the extreme ends of the arc in both directions but I am limited to the west by neighbours house and to the east by a big ash tree in my garden so for me its acceptable. Most of what I want is in the mid arc anyway and I can get everything from 8west to 42east. I reckon I would be ok as far as Hispasat 30west if the neighbours house were not in the way.

Not ideal and if your fitting a new one best to get it right but it works for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tomthebomb1968; 08-07-10 at 03:37.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOTH View Post
    Holy molely . i have got it to move between 28.2 , 19.2 and 13 east By just selecting channel ...not using Usals !!! Yipeeee . will post how etc in the morning ...now going for a Lie down !!!

Sloth
    I'm seriously looking forward to hear how u got this working as I think I may have the same issue.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I think it could be the motor that's the problem ! as i have never had a problem with mine straight out of the box and installed BH 133f setup Usals tuner A then single sat tuner B bang all done and moving fine, I am using a 2 year old TM2100 motor here which supports 1.2 diseq. (i think that's correct from memory).

Technomate Satellite Motors TM-2100 A

Specially Designed for Receivers with DiSEqC 1.2

Only One Coaxial Cable Control Go To X Function High Efficiency Compact Structure Ultra Low Noise Adjustable Hardware Limits Easy Installation with LED Indicator Manual EAST / WEST button For Dish up to 1.2M The TECHNOMATE Diseqc 1.2/USALS TM-2100 H to H DiseqC 1.2 Motor is compatible with dishes up to 1.2 metre. Very Fast ,Reliable, Quiet and Easy to Install. With Go TO X FUNCTION
    Last edited by paul362; 08-07-10 at 08:04.
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sn196 try increasing motor voltage !
    Sloth

Title
    Thanks
    Sloth
    Ok will try that.

Does anyone know what settings i would have to set on my tuners?

currently set to simple with my lon and lat set. Also which should be set to North, East,South or west???

sorry but im a proper novice!!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    sn196 ...pm me your location ..also have you uploaded a upto date channel list ?.
    when you say novice !1 what rec did you have before ? who set your motor and dish up ?
    sloth

Title
    Thanks
    Sloth
    Sloth,

Could you tell me the exact setting you used for the 2 tuners? Is it simple or advanced?

also could you send me the settings and ill try to relicate, of course changing the lon and lat values.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast