Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what images can we use?

Title
    Thanks
    any help with the above post?

digi247
    Quote Originally Posted by egz View Post
    ok, i was deleting a recorded program and i received an error and a green screen with lots of writing on it appeared. the on screen message said it needs to restart the box, but everything just froze. so i turned the box off at the back and turned it on again, the vix load screen comes on, then a green screen with the vix logo on the top left. it keeps goin back and forth between these two screens! Help anyone?
    Sounds like the image has been corrupted your only option is to reflash if you cant get it to boot past the Vix logo screen

3. The Following User Says Thank You to digi247 For This Useful Post:

egz (28-10-11)

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    ok, i was deleting a recorded program and i received an error and a green screen with lots of writing on it appeared. the on screen message said it needs to restart the box, but everything just froze. so i turned the box off at the back and turned it on again, the vix load screen comes on, then a green screen with the vix logo on the top left. it keeps goin back and forth between these two screens! Help anyone?
    If you can wait, than post up the crash log and some one can have a look, if you want a quick solution than reflash

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

egz (28-10-11)

Title
    Thanks
    reflashing the firmware. hopefully it does the trick.

Title
    Thanks
    the error code was very brief, i would have to have my camera ready at that speed. im flashing it now.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The crash log is in /HDD, you will need a FTP client to connect to the box and pull it on to your PC desktop to upload to the site.

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    the error code was very brief, i would have to have my camera ready at that speed. im flashing it now.
    a crash log would have been created in /media/hdd. you can access this file via any FTP program and upload it here, you can also send any crash logs directly to us via the log manager option in the vix image under the blue button ( obviously as your box wont boot this is not a option )
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    flashing worked. all systems are go. again. im gonna check for firmware updates via the box. not sure if theres anything else i can do. i'll try catch the error codes next time.

will the error log still be there since i have already flashed it?

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes, flashing does nothing to the HDD, it keeps everything on it recordings etc.

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

Title
    Thanks
    i cant find any error logs. i used filezilla to access the hdd folder, then media, and checked every folder inside it. there were no error files.

how much disk space should i reserve for recording out of the 1tb?
    Last edited by egz; 28-10-11 at 20:09.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    i cant find any error logs. i used filezilla to access the hdd folder, then media, and checked every folder inside it. there were no error files.
    try by the image it self, blue button / vix / log manager/ remember to press menu while in there and fill out your details so we can keep track of the error logs we receive.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I would think that you need to reflash the box.

I have found that it pays to keep a recent backup image

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    Press Audio and take off NAR. To take it off permanently go into AV / audio and select downmix.

As for channel list,go into the Enigma2 sub forum and upload the silverfox0786 settings.
    ive got the silverfox settings and the Licher Picons on my laptop, how do i load it into the box via ftp or usb.
    i downloaded the silverfox channel setting through the box, but i cant find it to install it! any ideas?

Title
    Thanks
    I use DreamBoxEdit to ftp settings to the STB and create Bouquets.

As the STB and my PCs are connected to my home network I just use Windows explorer to move picons and other files (or Ubuntu equivalent)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123