Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Feature/addition to next ViX build.

Title
    Thanks

Feature/addition to next ViX build.

Hello

I'd like it so that when you press the 'TV' button on the remote it will bring up the Bouquets w/ channel preview but the preview will stay on the channel currently being watched.

At the moment it doesn't do that, what it does now is brings up the Bouquets w/ channel preview but it previews a channel that isn't being watched which to me is annoying as it changes away from the channel i'm watching.

The 'EPG' button brings up a preview as well but behaves in the way i want it to and previews the channel currently being watched when the epg button is pressed so the programme being watched isn't interrupted.

I hope the above makes sense and i hope the request can be added in the next build of ViX.

Thanks in advance.
    Vu+ Uno 2Tb HDD & 8GB USB : ViX v3.0 : MetrixHD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    the TV button to bring up bouquets is already there

edit: just looked into this and there must be a setting you have changed as when i press tv it stays on the channel that im watching

you can turn on preview mode which will allow you to press ok on an channel to previrew it and then press ok again to turn to it or press exit to go out and retuen to channel originally on
    Last edited by silverfox0786; 14-10-11 at 23:18.
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    the TV button to bring up bouquets is already there

edit: just looked into this and there must be a setting you have changed as when i press tv it stays on the channel that im watching

you can turn on preview mode which will allow you to press ok on an channel to previrew it and then press ok again to turn to it or press exit to go out and retuen to channel originally on
    Thanks for taking the time to have a look into it, I hope there is just a setting to change but i don't think there is as i've look and can't find a setting that would make it do as requested. I know the 'TV' button already brings up the bouquets w/ preview but the preview aspect of it doesn't behave correctly i feel.

try this

1, Press 'TV' to bring up bouquets w/ preview and zap to any channel (BBC HD)
    2, then press 'EPG' and zap to a different channel (ITV HD)
    3, then press the 'TV' again to bring up bouquets w/ preview and the preview will be for BBC HD when it should be for ITV HD as thats the channel currently being watched so there for whats being watched is interrupted.

if you just did step 1, and 3, then there will be no interruption, which i think is what you did.

I'd like it so that on step 3, the preview aspect previews the currently being watched channel and not preview the channel that was initial zapped to on step 1.

Hope that makes sense.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Just tried how u did it on 2.3 beta, and works as expected... doesn't revert to channel in step 1... So I guess this was a bug with 2.2.100. Either that, or ur settings...

Sent with Tapatalk
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

DeGea468 (15-10-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    i cant recreate yr error i did set 1 to 3 and i get itvhd as it should be not bbchd like yr saying so it seems like you changed a setting as mine is fine and on default as that is the default behaviour

edit: HAHA lol we both replied at same time
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

7. The Following User Says Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

DeGea468 (15-10-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    Just tried how u did it on 2.3 beta, and works as expected... doesn't revert to channel in step 1... So I guess this was a bug with 2.2.100. Either that, or ur settings...

Sent with Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    i cant recreate yr error i did set 1 to 3 and i get itvhd as it should be not bbchd like yr saying so it seems like you changed a setting as mine is fine and on default as that is the default behaviour

edit: HAHA lol we both replied at same time

Thanks for both your replies.. Ahh damn it, Any ideas which setting would alter the behavior of the TV/bouquets? I have been through the setting trying to fix it before but didn't find a setting for it.

To narrow it down maybe (i hope so) is that this behavior is limited to just the 'TV' button when i press 'up' and 'down' it brings up the bouquets channel list w/ preview and the preview is of the channel currently being watched like it should be.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeGea468 View Post
    Thanks for both your replies.. Ahh damn it, Any ideas which setting would alter the behavior of the TV/bouquets? I have been through the setting trying to fix it before but didn't find a setting for it.

To narrow it down maybe (i hope so) is that this behavior is limited to just the 'TV' button when i press 'up' and 'down' it brings up the bouquets channel list w/ preview and the preview is of the channel currently being watched like it should be.
    My guess is that it was likely a bug with the old version, and got fixed as part of future enhancements and bug fixing within the development for the next image
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    Thanks
    My guess is that it was likely a bug with the old version, and got fixed as part of future enhancements and bug fixing within the development for the next image
    Oh so it will 100% work the way it should in the next release? unless i can sort the settings out with the current release? imo no setting should change the way the preview works as reverting away from the channel currently being watched is just a pain

Title
    Thanks
    To add to the above as i can't edit it..

@pooface

If it was a bug, how come it works properly for silverfox0786? i assume he's on v2.2.100

also went through a few setting again and when i go into 'customize' settings and turn off the setting 'channel list preview mode' the reverting away from current channel being watched doesn't happen any more. But now i can't preview channels without zapping to it as its now turned off.

Any ideas?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    silverfox is a member of the Beta team so would be running 2.3 on at least one receiver.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeGea468 View Post
    Oh so it will 100% work the way it should in the next release? unless i can sort the settings out with the current release? imo no setting should change the way the preview works as reverting away from the channel currently being watched is just a pain
    Exactly, you said it yourself. It's unlikely a setting change would cause this behaviour, hence why I'm saying it must be a bug in 2.2.100. If another member who has 2.2.100 installed tests this, would then confirm if it's a bug in that image. But as I stated, worked well for me on beta 2.3 (and also silverfox, as he's part of the team like Pheonix said)...
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    silverfox is a member of the Beta team so would be running 2.3 on at least one receiver.
    Exactly, you said it yourself. It's unlikely a setting change would cause this behaviour, hence why I'm saying it must be a bug in 2.2.100. If another member who has 2.2.100 installed tests this, would then confirm if it's a bug in that image. But as I stated, worked well for me on beta 2.3 (and also silverfox, as he's part of the team like Pheonix said)...
    Thanks for all your responses.. Looks like i'll have to wait for the release of 2.3 (hope its not to far away).. is there an eta on the next release?

New request: when adding a timer.. is it possible to add a 'alert' or 'notify' option to the ViX image along with record and zap. I think it would be good to just be notified of programme start then decide whether to zap straight to it or wait a little before choosing to zap.. rather than alone being able to record and zap as sometimes you may not want to auto zap but just be notified.

Title
    Thanks
    Any idea on the this.

New request: when adding a timer.. is it possible to add a 'alert' or 'notify' option to the ViX image along with record and zap. I think it would be good to just be notified of when a programme starts then decide whether to zap straight to it or wait before choosing to zap.. rather than only being able to record and zap as sometimes you may not want to auto zap but just be notified.