Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How do i record

Title
    Thanks

How do i record

Been trying this last night and can not get hang of it.
    I have virmin v+'s and bought vu due to way v+'s worked.
    I have set the tuner b on Loop through to tuner a, but just a simple explanation for this dummy on how to record 2 progs whilst watching one.
    Also with current setup i have using only one tuner as on motorised, can i record more than 2 programs whilst wtching one.
    Thanks
    Foxy

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If you are using a single feed I think you can only record from the channels that are on the same transponder simultaneously I have the v+'s too on cable and they have 3 tuners that work @ the same time allowing you to watch 1 and record 2 ! your Vu has 2 tuners but to benefit from it you really need 2 feeds connected (I have tuner A motorized dish And tuner B single fixed sky mini-dish.) this way i can record anything i want and still watch any other program or sat that i need.

Also so long as the program you want to record is still on the same transponder you can record as many as 6 programs @once.
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

Title
    Thanks
    So would i have been better buying the vu single? as i only have motorised up.
    I have DMElite image in mine, how do i operate the record i.e. how do i select a program later for example.
    I looked in manual but pointless has now have different image
    Thanks again
    FOxy

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Why don't you buy a twin or quad lnb, and send another feed from the motor to the vu duo? In the setup, you then tell tuner b that it's another feed from motor... This way, you take the benefit of your box...

Also, as for how to record, I assume you mean if you wanted to record something from tomorrow?!

Easiest way, is to download the epg for the package you want (e.g. sky uk), but doing blue -> red -> satmate sky uk -> ok, yellow. When it's downloaded, press red to exit.

Then, press the up/down button, browse to the channel you want to record from, press the epg button, find the programme in the list, and press the green button. Check all ok, green button again to save (I think).

By the way mods, think this should be move to the duo chat no? Since op has a duo, not a solo?!

hth

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

Foxylady (01-07-10)

Title
    Thanks
    I have a quad lnb spare, but how would this help me in record for say 2 channels at same time whilst i watch one if both tuner a and b are connected to same dish.
    Just do not understand how it works fella, not a techno wiz with it as new to me, had 800hd for 7 month that i learnt pretty quick but the twin tuner part is confusing unless i have another dish mounted?
    I am new to sat side, been on cable for 7 year, for obvious reason lol
    I thought it be easy as v+ lol, obviously not.
    Thanks for the how to on recording bud.
    OH! my bad, did not realize i had posted in solo
    Foxy

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi foxylady you can record more than one channel with 1 feed as long as its on the same transponder
    start recording a channel then look at your channel list and you will see some greyed out and some white
    the white channels are the ones on the same transponder
    so with 2 tuners you can do more still
    hope this helps

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hummer66 For This Useful Post:

Foxylady (02-07-10)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    You've got the following options: -

1. Keep motorised dish as is and add a separate fixed dish for 28deg (sly). That way you can watch record channels on 2 different satellites.

2. Fit dual or quad output LNB to motordish and you'll be able to watch record many channels (at least 2) dependant on what transponders they are on, but must be on same satellite.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Foxylady (02-07-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Much clearer thanks, will have a play today as wife loves watching Ghost whisper and bugs me so i could record it for her, as i cant watch as she a turn on for me and can not concentrate on program only her, then i start bugging wife if you know where i am coming from psml
    Thanks all, much appreciated