Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ET9000 newbie : Bootloader, image, audio issues

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

ET9000 newbie : Bootloader, image, audio issues

Hi All,
    I have recently acquired my first ET9000 box. At the moment I am exploring different images that would give me ...

a. Media-box capabilities - None of the images seem to be able to give me audio on some of the mkvs that I have on my hard drive. ViX media player is a bit rough

b. User-friendliness for UK user - wifey and kids would be using it extensively as the primary box

c. Multi-boot option - I can experiment with different images while wifey and kids use the image they are used to (ViX).

d. DLNA - Saw this option in Blackhole image. Good to have but not a must

I tried installing Egami 1.3 for the multi-boot option. Everything went well and I installed the Vix image through the multi-boot plugin. However, when I boot the multiboot option does not give me the options to boot into the ViX image. I am suspecting its to do with the bootloader JFFS2 or UBFIS (not sure which one I have).

Q1. How do I find out which bootloader version do I have ?

Q2. How do I decide whether to change/update the bootloader ?

Q3. What can I do to play the mkvs that don't give me audio? How do I get the file info to post for the great developers to check?

Q4. Is there a way to get DLNA in ViX image ?

Q5. Did not find a way to install CCcam 2.2.1 on Egami image. I searched the forum and the cam pack for Egami image seems to be deleted. Can somebody PM please.

Thanks in advance !!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    a. Read answer 3. possible reencoding needed

b. very user friendly you will enjoy using

c. VIX and many other images dont support multiboot. but a backup and restore takes minutes

d. DLNA Support VIA UShare will be included in VIX 2.3

1. telnet in and type
    Code:
    uname -r
    2. always update to latest bootloader it has new features for newer images [VIX will need latest bootloader] and its backwards compatible

3. MKV's work well just make sure audio codec is of one that is within the ET Drivers

4. Cams cannot be held on site sorry. But VIX image has premade IPK cams here
    Code:
    http://www.4shared.com/dir/wnyHV50A/VIX_CAMS.html
    Last edited by silverfox0786; 30-09-11 at 11:23.
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    3. It's like that those files are DTS audio ... This is not currently supported, but ET are trying to create a down mix option I do believe to support this (on vu+ it can down mix, but only to stereo, not 5.1).
    4. I've been looking in to getting media tomb installed on to the ViX image, and seemed to work ok. So maybe it might be available in the next image...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi M8s,
    Thanks for the prompt response and useful info.

I observe the audio problem is only with mkvs that have a DTS 5.1 audio. I read a thread on the forum where it mentions a re-encoding method. However, I have really TOO MANY of such videos. If I know that in upcoming images this would work without any re-encoding required, I am happy to wait. Else, I need to find a simple batch mechanism to re-encode all these mkvs

I checked the boot-loader version. It shows 2.6.18-7.4
    Do I need to upgrade ? Would really appreciate if you can share the link.

Great to hear that ViX would have DLNA support soon !!

Btw, when I back-up and restore an image, I am hoping it restores all my plugins/extensions/bouquets/satellites.xml/CCcam.cfg/picons/settings etc as well ? Do I need to do an auto-scan or after the restore the box is good to go ? I guess the auto-scan also stores found channels, data etc somewhere on the flash so it should get backup up as well ? Asking because the most painstaking part after flashing each image is running the autoscan. Is there a way to avoid it ?

Title
    Thanks
    the MKV issue is a driver one and we need to await ET do release new ones, its possible but when we don't know

the boot loader needs updating to 2.6.30 - 3.2 its in ET9000 section flash as you would a normal image

the backup manager is awesome

it backs up everything

and you can select other bits and bobs to add

when i re-flash and restore i don't need to do anything after i even get the last channel i was watching when i made the backup

so all is there no rescan needed

6. The Following User Says Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

Reidy (30-09-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Does this tool does the full back as mentioned above ??

Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7815-Make-Full-backup-of-your-image
    Last edited by kunmun23; 30-09-11 at 14:30.

Title
    Thanks
    backup manager is build into VIX and will deploy from within there backup and restore

so as my son says when its 3pm at school

yr GOOD TO GO

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    to access the backup options within ViX press the blue button > ViX > backup manager and img manager. these two options will create a full working backup of your system that can be flashed back to the receiver within minutes.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks again for the great info.
    So the backup manager takes a backup of all settings/extensions and img manager takes a backup of the image
    and when I need to restore, I first restore the image and then the settings/extensions, right ??

Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    to access the backup options within ViX press the blue button > ViX > backup manager and img manager. these two options will create a full working backup of your system that can be flashed back to the receiver within minutes.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok I have just flashed the latest vix image...i'm gonna take a backup, flash the new bootloader and then restore my image...guess that'd teach me the basics !!

the boot loader needs updating to 2.6.30 - 3.2 its in ET9000 section flash as you would a normal image
    Last edited by kunmun23; 30-09-11 at 15:08.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kunmun23 View Post
    So the backup manager takes a backup of all settings/extensions and img manager takes a backup of the image
    and when I need to restore, I first restore the image and then the settings/extensions, right ??
    pretty much yeah. also you can customize exactly you want the backup manager to backup by pressing menu while in that section.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have now updated to the latest bootloader given in Post#13 in

Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6380-Latest-ET9000-Bootloader-and-Drivers-updates/page2
    When I restart the box, the startup screen shows "Bootloader 2.6.31 UFIBS"

However, on telnet it still shows 2.6.18-7.4

I recall reading somewhere that although the uname shows the older version, the bootloader is now updated. Is this correct ?

Also, Post#12 on the above link has new drivers. Do I need to install these too ? How ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post

Title
    Thanks
    my boot loader shows the correct one under uname -r

when u dlash bootloader you must go straight into a reflash of the image aswell

here is mine
    Code:
    Welcome to ViX for ClarkeTech
    ViX v2.3

ClarkeTech login: root
    Password:
    root@ClarkeTech:~# uname -r
    2.6.31-3.2
    root@ClarkeTech:~#

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok I have updated the bootloader given in Post#13 of the below :

Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6380-Latest-ET9000-Bootloader-and-Drivers-updates/page2
    The TV startup screen shows "bootloader 2.6.31 UFIBS". However, uname -r still shows 2.6.18. I recall reading somewhere that this happens...has my bootloader updated correctly ?

Also, there is a new driver in Post#12. Do I need to update that too ? How??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast