Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Review and Guide to setup the Tenda W150M WiFi N 150mbps Wifibridge for all Receivers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just got myself one of these from the sponsor, what a doddle to set up and a great piece of kit.. Thanks for the recommendation...

Title
    Thanks
    Just bought two of these from the sponsor but cannot make it working.. I have followed the guide.. Tried various things . Still not working
    My requirement is to configure this device in a way so that this can repeat the Wifi and also the ip box can connect to this device and get internet connection.
    For that the mode Seems to be Client + AP Mode according to the manual . I am putting my settings below .

My Main router is Netgear WGR614v7 Firmware Version-V2.0.23_1.0.23
    And the wifi settings are as follows
    HomeRouterSettings.jpg

Tenda Client + AP Settings Below

Tenda-Page1.jpgTenda-Page2.jpgTenda-Page3.jpg

somehow Internet is not being shared..

When I change the ipv4 settings so that ip can be automatically obtained form the device on computer. It's not getting a right IP..

NetworkStatus.jpg

I have tried rebooting . Still no luck .. Any guidance will be appreciated .. I have been on this for hours now..
    Last edited by 9jackson; 16-10-11 at 12:07.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Are you connecting to a receiver after config of the adapter? Is the receiver set to DHCP?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Sicilian..

Sorry was out yesterday afternoon. Will be leaving for work soon.. I haven't connected the adapter to the receiver yet.. I connected the adapter to the pc and set it to receive ip automatically(DHCP) .. which it could not. Can try to connect to receiver if that's the way in the evening.. ..

Title
    Thanks
    Has anyone managed to set this up with a Spiderbox ? I tried yesterday but still not managed to sort it out. Trying to set it up in Client+AP mode

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brendanjoleary View Post
    Has anyone managed to set this up with a Spiderbox ? I tried yesterday but still not managed to sort it out. Trying to set it up in Client+AP mode
    They do work with a spiderbox no probs. Follow the guide, setup on PC first, then set Spiderbox to DHCP and connect to Spiderbox. You will most likely need to reboot the spiderbox after you connect the W150M to it.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    i have noticed the spiderbox is notorious for loosing connection

the way i fix it is go to netwrok menu, then to ip and clear it and save so its all 0.0.0.0.

then i restart spiderbox and allow it to reassign the ip address and job done
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

8. The Following User Says Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    there was a mandatory Ethernet patch released for the spiderbox receivers a few days ago.
    try loading that then set up the wifibridge again.

SB 7000
    Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12091-Mandatory-upgrade-Ethernet-Enhancement-HD-Patches&p=87794#post87794
    SB 9000
    Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12090-Mandatory-upgrade-Ethernet-Enhancement-HD-Patches&p=87791#post87791
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Are you connecting to a receiver after config of the adapter? Is the receiver set to DHCP?
    Tried at the friend's place ... for whom i bought these..seems to be working.. i can't understand.. what i did wrong though.. may be something wrong with the base router settings..anyways..thanks..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 9jackson For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (18-10-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Really pleased with my purchase from the site sponsors. got it to set up my old dm7020 . but during testing decide to give it ago on my Panasonic blu ray recorder works a treat ,tried to use another brand before on the panny but it would not power it up ,but the PSU that comes with the Tenda got round that problem ,cables now remove partner thinks well done . and i say thanks to sponsor for quick delivery alls happy

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kegrka For This Useful Post:

bassethound (05-11-11),Larry-G (17-10-11),punisher (17-10-11),Sicilian (18-10-11),silverfox0786 (17-10-11)

Title
    Thanks
    I ordered one of these late on wedesday night, it was in the post next day and an hour ago some bloke in a red van whistling a happy tune handed me a package. It's now set up awaiting some shuffling of gadgets around the home.. well done to our site sponsors.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    i received mine last weekend and have only just gotten round to setting it up.

now my house has walls easily 2 foot thick and it's a nightmare to get a wifi signal upstairs from my netgear router housed in the livingroom but with this i now have a wifi bridge setup that covers the whole house and most of the back garden too. from start to finnish this took me about 20 minutes and the device it self is so small it just tucks away behind a DM600 in a small back bedroom.

i would highly recomend this product to any one.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I can't get it to obtain a IP address from the router on 2 PC's I have tried, also on DU +. I have a Linksys 54G on a WEP security. I can get into Tenda setup > scan and obtain and accept Linksys wireless data, also put in password for WEP > load the settings and reboot. Put the TCP/ IP back to receive any Ip address automatically, but it searches and unable to find an address. I also have a wireless stand alone USB which I have no problem in finding an Internet connection, after configurations. I have tried all sorts of combinations, but no success. Anyone had it working on WEP security, or other ideas.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Yes works fine with WEP security. Make sure all the wifi details are 100% correct, including the channel. Maybe even reboot your router before doing the Tenda setup.

Make sure the Tenda is set to client + ap mode and after you complete the wizard when you going to 192.168.2.1 the Tenda automatically reboots itself to save the settings. With the Tenda still connected to PC set the pc's network card back to DHCP.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12