Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VU+ UNO help needed please

Title
    Thanks

VU+ UNO help needed please

Hello

I' am new to sat receivers and I've been doing a lot of research into it as i want a quality receiver
    I have done a lot of research into the Dreambox 800HDse (first i heard about) and i know how to set it all up, i know the image i want (newnigma2) and how to install it etc I want the genuine box from an authorized seller and not a clone
    However i have now come across the VU+ UNO which people on forums I've looked at say its better than the 800HDse

Is the VU+ UNO really better than the 800 HDse?

I know how to install an image to the VU+ UNO (usb) but is there other images apart from the VIX and blackhole? which is the best/has the most features?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    and You wont go wrong with the UNO it is imho better than the DM. If you want more bangs for your bucks, the VU+ DUO and Xtrend XT900 is also worthy boxes and unlike the UNO are twin tuners. As they are more established boxes, therefor have more images for them than the uno.

Whatever you decide don't forget to check out forum sponsors.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Vu uno has a faster processor more ram more memory bigger VFD etc etc etc

and is far cheaper to buy

pli egami and many other teams do suppport it but i bet if u tried vix you wont want the rest

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    both i and silverfox own a Uno silverfox also owns a DM800 and i would without hesitation every time recommend a Uno over any dreambox. and i'm not against dreamboxes i have several my self
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    and You wont go wrong with the UNO it is imho better than the DM. If you want more bangs for your bucks, the VU+ DUO and Xtrend XT900 is also worthy boxes and unlike the UNO are twin tuners. As they are more established boxes, therefor have more images for them than the uno.

Whatever you decide don't forget to check out forum sponsors.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    Vu uno has a faster processor more ram more memory bigger VFD etc etc etc

and is far cheaper to buy

pli egami and many other teams do suppport it but i bet if u tried vix you wont want the rest
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    both i and silverfox own a Uno silverfox also owns a DM800 and i would without hesitation every time recommend a Uno over any dreambox. and i'm not against dreamboxes i have several my self
    Thank you all for your replies

Looks like i'll be getting the VU+ UNO based on your replies and comments I've seen on other elsewhere etc and okay then i'll check out your sponsors.

I assume the VU+ UNO box in your sponsors store is genuine? Are they authorized sellers? sorry if i'm being overly cautious its just there's lots of clone receivers floating around.

What are the key features about the ViX image?

There's some other questions i wanted to ask but in your rules it said that you can't discuss it .. Would i be able to PM 1 of you to ask them?

Also whats the difference between

ViX Team Vu+ Uno Image: v2.2

and

ViX Team Enigma 2 HD settings for 28.2E & UK DTT HERE
    ViX Team Enigma 2 HD settings for 28.2E
    ViX Team Enigma 2 SD settings for 28.2E
    ViX Team Enigma I SD settings for 28.2E
    Last edited by DeGea468; 24-09-11 at 21:52.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ViX Team Vu+ Uno Image: v2.2 is the image the receiver runs or its operating system if you like the others are bouquet packs or channel lists premade so you dont have to scan them your self
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    ViX Team Vu+ Uno Image: v2.2 is the image the receiver runs or its operating system if you like the others are bouquet packs or channel lists premade so you dont have to scan them your self
    Oh right okay then i see.

Whats DTT stand for?

Would i need both the SD and HD settings?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    DTT is for digital terrestrial television. the HD settings contain both SD and HD channel settings where as the SD settings only contain the SD channels.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    DTT is for digital terrestrial television. the HD settings contain both SD and HD channel settings where as the SD settings only contain the SD channels.
    I understand now thank you pheonix, I'll download that.

Is there any PC software i should download to help set up/configure the VU+ UNO box?

Whats the difference between the two HD setting? one says 'HD SWAP'?
    Last edited by DeGea468; 24-09-11 at 22:16.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    you may need something such as dreamset or dreambox edit to load the bouquet to your receiver and a ftp program.

as for the difference between the HD and HD swap bouquets. a little time ago sky uk changed the line up of some of it's HD channels to take place of their SD counterparts. the HD swap i believe follows this new format and the standard HD pack follow the older lineup. ( i may have that the wrong way around though but thats the basics of it )

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    you may need something such as dreamset or dreambox edit to load the bouquet to your receiver and a ftp program.

as for the difference between the HD and HD swap bouquets. a little time ago sky uk changed the line up of some of it's HD channels to take place of their SD counterparts. the HD swap i believe follows this new format and the standard HD pack follow the older lineup. ( i may have that the wrong way around though but thats the basics of it )
    Oh right okay then i have 'DreamBoxEdit-3.0.0.0-setup.exe' i downloaded it the other day and i have also downloaded a FTP program as well.

Yes i remember Sky doing that so the sky HD channels would be easier to find. I think the HD SWAP follows the new format as well.

Would i be able to preview the channel list prior to loading it onto the VU+ UNO?

Can you do the same sky+ features with the UNO? Pause, forward, rewind, record etc?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    DreamBoxEdit 3.0 is very old: development has stopped and taken over by another team. It's DBE 4.1.0.1 you should use (see here).

Personally I prefer using DreamSet (Downloade here), but just try them both (and thee are more out there).

Which image to use is really a personal matter: just try a number of them and see for yourself (although I'm pretty sure you will end up using ViX )

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    DreamBoxEdit 3.0 is very old: development has stopped and taken over by another team. It's DBE 4.1.0.1 you should use (see here).

Personally I prefer using DreamSet (Downloade here), but just try them both (and thee are more out there).

Which image to use is really a personal matter: just try a number of them and see for yourself (although I'm pretty sure you will end up using ViX )
    Thank you for that i have downloaded the up to date version and Dreamset, I'll try them both out.

I came across Vu+ Control Centre? do i need this?

Also do i need 'softcam'? i'm not sure if i need it.

I'll try ViX first and probably stick with it, there is only a couple of others that I've found (unlike the 800HDse where i found loads of images, but only like 4-5 were right up there as the best). I don't wan't to keep installing images and having to re-configure etc plus wouldn't want to risk messing the box up when i buy it.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Yes you will need a softcam and the vix image ones can be downloaded from here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...iX-Team-images and how to install them here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...000-ET5000-ViX

As for your earlier question about clones, with the Dreambox unfortunately clones are the preeminent box for sale on most site but as yet no clones exist for any of the VU+ models or Xtrend ones.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    Yes you will need a softcam and the vix image ones can be downloaded from here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...iX-Team-images and how to install them here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...000-ET5000-ViX

As for your earlier question about clones, with the Dreambox unfortunately clones are the preeminent box for sale on most site but as yet no clones exist for any of the VU+ models or Xtrend ones.
    Thank you Stanman, i went to the link however there's 17 different files although i do recognize a few. Which ones do i need?

I noticed on a lot of websites they are selling the clone 800HDse it was pretty much every site i found and ebay/amazon, Was surprised at how many clones are being sold vs the genuine box.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast