Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help setting up my ET5000

jonc
    I do everything in that guide but when i get to the sat finder part nothing happens as all

jonc
    Right i finally got things happing but for some reason i cant get a lock if it try to put a transponder in manually

jonc
    Am really starting to hate this box already every time I think am getting somewhere I hit another problem then am back to square 1. The only think I've learnt so far is to turn it on

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    it's not the boxes fault mate, i had the exact same trouble when i got my Uno when trying to use a motor that i have used for 9 years with my DM7020. the simple fact of the matter is my motor while perfect for the older E1 box was just not upto the job on a E2 box.

in the end i had to fit a newer motor which was kindly supplied by silverfox otherwise i'd have ended up buying a new one such as a TM2600.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

jonc
    So is there anyway of sorting this with out a new moter as My dish is high up and it would mean me buying a new moter and paying to get it fitted. Would it be worth getting one of these vbox II things

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...&category_id=0
    http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...&category_id=0
    Last edited by jonc; 17-09-11 at 11:56.

jonc
    I finally got the sats stored but am not sure were to go from here as when I do a auto scan 28.e as all of the channels from 19e on it and 19.e is blank

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    load a premade bouquet pack to the box such as vhannibal or cyrus cst.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonc View Post
    I finally got the sats stored but am not sure were to go from here as when I do a auto scan 28.e as all of the channels from 19e on it and 19.e is blank
    the freqs on 19/28 east are more or less the same

if you have 19 east channels on your 28 east listings,...it means your dish was scanning 19 east, so your settings are 9 degrees out
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

9. The Following User Says Thank You to basilyoung For This Useful Post:

jonc
    if I try it on my motorised dish it cant find it if I stick it on my fixed dish it can

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    your saved position for 28 east is wrong, you need to nudge the dish east, untill you get a strong signal then save it...the current saved position is in fact 19 east,..so save it as 19 east, then move the dish east, find 28 east,..and save
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

jonc
    Quote Originally Posted by basilyoung View Post
    your saved position for 28 east is wrong, you need to nudge the dish east, untill you get a strong signal then save it...the current saved position is in fact 19 east,..so save it as 19 east, then move the dish east, find 28 east,..and save
    I understand what your saying but how do you do this on this box

jonc
    sorry it wont let me edit my post...Sorted that now

jonc
    Setting this up is stressing me out am almost ready to throw the towel in and get rid of it .
    [Its like trying to fit wooden flooring you pop one end in only for the other end to keep popping out ]
    I install one sound ok every think works so then I move on to the next sat I might have a little problem with that so I leave it and do then next one but then when I go and check the first one its suddenly is not picking anything up . I havent even had a chance to mess about with the box yet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12