Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will the Solo receive USB Tuner support?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkletoes View Post
    I guess the only other option is a DM800HD but they appear to be closer to the DUO price for a genuine unit. I don't like the idea of a clone although more through ignorance than anything else, I don't know much about them. Single Tuner + USB Tuner and HDD recording capability, is a DM800HD clone a viable option?
    Trust me, you don't want a DM800, i had one and it got overheated all the time, i couldn't even have my card inside it, when i took it out i could barely touch it because of the heat.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ********* View Post
    Everyone keeps mentioning the price of the SOLO should be £250ish, can I ask why, what other receiver are we comparing it to?
    It should be £199 and that's why i don't think the Solo will sell well which will force dealers to lower price with time.

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    I diagree once support for third party images has started.... Show me a cheaper priced Enigma2 receiver (genuine one) that works and I'll maybe change my mind.... But like with all these things time will tell, the £199 price just simply won't happen or come anywhere near, sorry.

Title
    Thanks
    We will see, the economy in Europe is getting worse for each week and people will have other priorities when it comes to food on the table

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Don't quite understand the argument here because the DM500 is £19 dearer than the Solo yet only offers e-sata over the Solo ? personally I would still go with the Solo (or duo) for an extra £79.00 as the build quality and picture will be as good or better than the 500 also the 500 is to small and has to have a fan to cool it ? surely DM should of re-thought the size of the box for cooling @least.

Just my opinion.
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ********* View Post
    Yes DM500HD is mini USB only so chances of the USB tuner support are unlikely (although suppose not impossible), mind you we don't really know if the SOLO will support it either, but there is more chance it will....
    There is usb hack for dm500HD (need some hw modification) and usb dvb-t tuners already works on 500hd (DE image).

Dream Elite BH 1.3 OE1.6 DM500HD Usb Tuner Multiboot

The Usb Drivers will be Extended and Updated via Addons Manager.
    Currently included Anglofsky1980 Driver Module DIB0700:

AVerMedia AVerTV DVB-T Volar
    Compro Videomate U500
    Uniwill STK7700P based (Hama and others)
    Leadtek Winfast DTV Dongle (STK7700P based)
    AVerMedia AVerTV DVB-T Express
    Gigabyte U7000
    Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T
    Pinnacle PCTV 2000e
    Terratec Cinergy DT XS Diversity (Test OK)
    Hauppauge Nova-TD Stick/Elgato Eye-TV Diversity (Test NOK )
    ASUS My Cinema U3000 Mini DVBT Tuner
    Pinnacle PCTV DVB-T Flash Stick
    Artec T14BR DVB-T
    ASUS My Cinema U3100 Mini DVBT Tuner (Test NOK)
    Hauppauge Nova-T Stick (70019) (test OK)
    Hauppauge Nova-T MyTV.t
    Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T Diversity Stick
    kit for dm500hd

http://www.chargeconverter.com/shop/dm500usb.htm

also you can do that withouth kit but one thing is questionable because of hw and modifications to the loss of warranty
    Last edited by Zupy; 28-06-10 at 11:14.
    Vu+ Duo
    Azbox Elite HD
    Triax multifeed 1W+5E+9E+13E+16E+19E+23,5E
    Triax 88 + Opticum DM2800

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    Thanks, that's some good info, but the obvious thing with that is it'd void any warranty you might have I'm sure, still nice to know it's an option.... The other thing that's not been mentioned yet, the SOLO has 2 cam clots in, the DM500 has none, again this is not a real clincher either way but worth a mention.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12