Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: CAM IRDETO-CRYPTOWORKS blocking on VU uno

Title
    Thanks

CAM IRDETO-CRYPTOWORKS blocking on VU uno

Having repeating hangups of my Irdeto/Cryptoworks CAM on VU+ Uno. Anybody here having same experience and possibly a solution to tackle this ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    i have tested quite a few irdeto cams on my uno with very good results. which version / SW / HW serial number etc do you have and which card etc.

also please explain what exactly is your problem.

Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8719-Vu-Uno-CAMS-(-hardware-not-softcams-)&highlight=cams
    if you dont know which version you have you can look here
    Code:
    http://www.rdi-cam.com/official.php
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    here you can see which CAM I am fighting with: It spontaneously and randomly blocks the signal and gives me the black hole, also on a GUI restart it stops to work, a hard reset is needed to get it going again or taking it out and entering it into the second slot makes it to pick up again. Mentioned on the CAM is P/N 904380 R2.2 and some long serial number. Having second Cryptoworks CAM which is few years older and giving same problems so either the receiver or the smart-card (SkyLink) giving the problems, but the same smart-card is working smoothly in a different receiver with build in Cryptoworks CAM.
    Last edited by Ezee; 27-08-11 at 22:49.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    ok. sadly i have not yet had one of those cams to test but all the ones i have tested work fine for me. with the exception of the Philips cryptoworks cam which is not recognized by the Uno.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    my different Cryptoworks CAM is a Philips and the receiver recognizing it, but as previously described now and again hanging up on me. Any clue if the smart-card can have this effect on a CAM ?