Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: 'The X Factor' 2011 to get iPhone app

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts

'The X Factor' 2011 to get iPhone app

The X Factor 2011 is to have a revamped website and the show's first ever iPhone app, featuring a 'Tap to Clap' system for fans to show their appreciation for the acts.

TalkbackThames, which produces The X Factor with ITV and Syco TV, has created a range of digital activity for fans to "interact" with the new series of The X Factor, which launches on ITV1 on August 20.

For the first time ever there will be an iPhone App for the show, created in partnership with Rimmel London. The App provides the latest clips, news and highlights from the show over WiFi and 3G.

The headline feature is the 'Tap to Clap' play-along function enabling fans to 'applaud' the contestants, performances, judges' comments, guest stars and results in real time. This 'applause' can also be shared with other fans on Facebook and Twitter.

It is unclear whether the app will be launched on other smartphone platforms, such as Google Android, Blackberry and Nokia, or remain exclusive to Apple's iPhone.

The official X Factor website has been revamped for 2011, boasting simplified navigation and more graphics, videos and unseen photos from the show.

Fans will be able to access information on this year's finalists, including weekly video diaries, behind-the-scenes rehearsal clips, and regular updates and gossip from The House. The website is to be sponsored by communications firm TalkTalk.

New to this year's show is 'Superfans', involving the biggest X Factor devotees being given the chance to become roving reporters, interviewing contestants, judges and fellow fans to create blogs and videos for the show website.

There will again be a social media community wrapped around the programme, after 3m-plus fans joined the X Factor Facebook page last year, while 200,000 followers signed up to the Twitter feed. Using the red button interactive service, viewers will be able to enter competitions and get all the latest news from the show.

Robert Marsh, head of TalkbackThames digital, said: "We're really proud of the digital offering for The X Factor 2011; every year we're adopting new and innovative ways to engage fans and give them added entertainment value beyond the TV screen. We're confident they will enjoy the additional content, the new website and the fantastic new iPhone App and 'Tap to Clap' play-along."

ITV controller of multiplatform commissioning Richard Williams added: "This year's digital offering for The X Factor is all about giving fans new and exciting opportunities to interact with the show in real time - including our first dedicated iPhone app and the launch of the 'Superfans' feature.

"We've focused on commissioning and developing content that reflects the appetite we know is out there, for fans to join in with the live TV experience, as well as providing more chances to get closer and more involved with everything The X Factor outside of the linear transmission."
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (12-08-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    oh god some one please kill off this muck.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    oh god some one please kill off this muck.
    Rather then that just kill off Simon and no more Xfactor

Although for pooface it's good news he got ceryl back for his VIX screenshots

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    ill have some of those screen shots please..

Say what ye like about her.. but she IS a very pretty mare.. lol

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mister View Post
    ill have some of those screen shots please..

Say what ye like about her.. but she IS a very pretty mare.. lol
    pretty maybe but when she opens her mouth and that geordie accent comes out thats the end of that story thank you very much.

it's bad enough i live less than 20 miles from Newcastle and every bugger south of york lumps me in with those lot but that accent just tops it off for me.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    jeeze no.. I love a woman with a Georgie accent.. Very sexy.. My stag weekend was in Newcastle.. lol

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    LMAO well ive heard that accent all my life and i fcken hate it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    LMAO well ive heard that accent all my life and i fcken hate it.
    #

its like the londoner accent

my fair lady does my head in

[oh at pakistan lahore airport bumped in to a londoner [english man] and started chatting to him first thing he said was yr a londoner not a native local

fooking hell every one can notice my accent
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓