Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Newbie epg help please

Title
    Thanks

Newbie epg help please

Hi guys first time poster so please be gentle!

I am a complete noob to the sat scene but after extensive research I have managed to set up a VU+ duo loaded with the latest vix image (thanks to this site) this weekend. Everything works fine but I am now stuck regarding the epg.

The epg does not show programmes listed for all channels and on the ones it does it's usually just the next programme only. This obviously means that I can't set up record for programmes later in the day/week and cannot check what programmes will be on later in the day.

I understand I have to download some plugins direct from the box but was wondering if someone can give me a brief guide as to what I need and how!

BTW I am using sky Uk with static sky mini dish.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Title
    Thanks
    i have a usb on the back of my receiver with picons on it and i have set it so my epg goes on there aswell. from what i have read saves the hdd spinning every time you change channel or press the epg button.press menu/setup/system/epg then make sure epg location says media/usb/, epg filename leave as epg and all the rest i have got as no save and exit. then go to crossepg/opentv provider and tick skyuk 28.2 press exit and go to configure my settings are enable csv import no, force epg reload no, download on tune no, scheduled download once a day, scheduled download at you can choose time to suit you some people set it for early morning, show as plugin yes, show as extension no, show force reload as plugin no. this is how mine is set also a newbie had box for about 3 weeks. finally after these settings you can do a manual download by pressing long press on blue button then at the bottom it says crossepg downloader click on that

Title
    Thanks
    At the moment I don't have a USB stick will need to get one (I purchased the box with VIX pre installed).

At the moment is it ok to use the hard drive for the epg then later add a USB for the epg?

Title
    Thanks
    should be ok i think, are you using picons if so they on hard drive i take it

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by delboy13 View Post
    i have a usb on the back of my receiver with picons on it and i have set it so my epg goes on there aswell. from what i have read saves the hdd spinning every time you change channel or press the epg button.press menu/setup/system/epg then make sure epg location says media/usb/, epg filename leave as epg and all the rest i have got as no save and exit. then go to crossepg/opentv provider and tick skyuk 28.2 press exit and go to configure my settings are enable csv import no, force epg reload no, download on tune no, scheduled download once a day, scheduled download at you can choose time to suit you some people set it for early morning, show as plugin yes, show as extension no, show force reload as plugin no. this is how mine is set also a newbie had box for about 3 weeks. finally after these settings you can do a manual download by pressing long press on blue button then at the bottom it says crossepg downloader click on that
    Have followed what you said but routed to the HD till I get a USB device many thanks for the help