Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: vu+uno mediaplayer..... same story , once again.

Title
    Thanks

Thumbs down vu+uno mediaplayer..... same story , once again.

Will this Korean "developers" ever release decent video drivers for their STB ?
    We all get used to VU+DUO divx\xvid issues ( out of sync, picture not smooth very often,, fps rate jumping up and down )
    well , i thought it is might something to do with old bcm cpu.......Got Uno stb
    HELL, NO
    Vu+Uno got the fastest Cpu on the market BROADCOM BCM 7413 , top of the range CPU, we all know. And very same divx/xvid issues ...( at the same time dm800 se , dm500hd with the BCM 7405 -- OLD cpu could play very same files flawlessly . Don't mind DM boxes , my old samsung tv could play it not a bother , ps3 and so on....)
    I am just wondering , is it only me who care about this issue and everyone else happy enough with this ?
    Last edited by alec76; 07-08-11 at 08:29.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Great first post! Not even an intro just comes on flames a receiver

For the record divx/xvid playing fine here.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    divx and xvid are rubbish old formats, use mkv's they play flawlessly. saying that i have never once had any issues with the several hundred avi's i have stored on my nas which i play directly through my Uno.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post

For the record divx/xvid playing fine here.
    There is some difference between playing fine and flawlessly.I could see that clearly...

XviD ISO MPEG-4 media not playing well

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    divx and xvid are rubbish old formats, use mkv's they play flawlessly.
    I think you are confusing codecs and container's type here....

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alec76 View Post
    I think you are confusing codecs and container's type here....
    actually no i am not. my uno plays divx , xvid , mkv , avi all perfectly fine.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    mkv, avi-- containers
    divx , xvid ,h.264 - codecs
    xvid could be at mkv container just as well .
    Never the less, i clearly could see Fps rate dropping to about 12-15 from time to time...

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alec76 View Post
    I am just wondering , is it only me who care about this issue and everyone else happy enough with this ?
    No, you are not, sometimes divX and xvid files are played with stuttering here or it seems that frames are skipped.
    Some divX4 files crashed after a while and stop/start resolved it.
    For the recorded .ts files the mediaplayer is sufficient an I think most of the users play only these.
    Vu+ Ultimo on ViX 3.0 ;Vu+ Duo2 on Vix 3.0; Logitech 600;Maximum E85 HB,A1,A2,A3

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JosFop4Sat For This Useful Post:

alec76 (07-08-11)

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    just remember guys, these are primarily STB's NOT media players, first and foremost it is the watch satellite TV, not for playing your illegally downloaded pirate movies or tv shows.

media codec's and file containers (other than MPEG2, MPEG4, H.264 and TS file container) are a bonus.

Andy.
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andyblac For This Useful Post:

Donnie (12-08-11),Sicilian (14-08-11)

Title
    Thanks
    You have a point but its odd to have an extra mediaplayer if you just have bought a state of the art HD receiver.
    Anyway, most of the modern illegally downloaded pirate movies or tv shows (90%) could be played back with my UNO.
    The rest I will play with my Samsung TV Mediaplayer. I use a Netgear Mediaplayer for Youtube, so eveything is covered.
    Vu+ Ultimo on ViX 3.0 ;Vu+ Duo2 on Vix 3.0; Logitech 600;Maximum E85 HB,A1,A2,A3