Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Problem with preview mode in channel listing.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Problem with preview mode in channel listing.

Hi,

The new preview mode in channel listing works as expected and very well (thanks, it was on my wish list), but it causes problems for the next and previous channel ( < and > ) and 0 (in NO panic mode) as it seems that the only channel memorized are the one used in the preview and normal zapping is discarded.

As I use that often I had to disable preview which is a pity....

Thanks,
    G

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GiP View Post
    Hi,

The new preview mode in channel listing works as expected and very well (thanks, it was on my wish list), but it causes problems for the next and previous channel ( < and > ) and 0 (in NO panic mode) as it seems that the only channel memorized are the one used in the preview and normal zapping is discarded.

As I use that often I had to disable preview which is a pity....

Thanks,
    G
    ok i'll see if i can remove history for next update (but not the one i that i hope to release today, as i don't want to delay it further)

EDIT:

i have just checked code, and it should add the channel to history as you leave on the current preview channel (i.e. the 2nd ok press)

can you explain how what you are doing exactly please mate,
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

3. The Following User Says Thank You to andyblac For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (03-08-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andyblac View Post
    ok i'll see if i can remove history for next update (but not the one i that i hope to release today, as i don't want to delay it further)

EDIT:

i have just checked code, and it should add the channel to history as you leave on the current preview channel (i.e. the 2nd ok press)

can you explain how what you are doing exactly please mate,
    Yes it adds that channel, the problem is that it no longer adds the "normal" channels, the ones that you change to with "left" and "right" (or "+" "-") or by giving the number, as a step by step:
    1)tune to Ch 10
    2)open listing and zap to ch 1
    3)"Ok" and you are on ch 1 (normal view)
    4) press "next ch" (you see ch 2)
    5) again "nextch" ( you see ch 3)
    6) press "<", instead of ch 2 you see ch 1

G

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes it adds that channel, the problem is that it no longer adds the "normal" channels, the ones that you change to with "left" and "right" (or "+" "-") or by giving the number, as a step by step:
    1)tune to Ch 10
    2)open listing and zap to ch 1
    3)"Ok" and you are on ch 1 (normal view)
    4) press "next ch" (you see ch 2)
    5) again "nextch" ( you see ch 3)
    6) press "<", instead of ch 2 you see ch 1

G

and when you enter epg and then leave the last channel to preview and decide to keep it (by pressing the 2nd OK) does it not append the end of the history ?

or are you want ALL the previews in the history list ?
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andyblac View Post
    and when you enter epg and then leave the last channel to preview and decide to keep it (by pressing the 2nd OK) does it not append the end of the history ?

or are you want ALL the previews in the history list ?
    No, I think I wasn' t clear. the preview chosen (2nd OK) IS in the history, it's the normal zapping which isn't. When "Preview in listing" is "yes" the "normal" history doesn't work anymore. Or, at least is what happens here...
    G

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No, I think I wasn' t clear. the preview chosen (2nd OK) IS in the history, it's the normal zapping which isn't. When "Preview in listing" is "yes" the "normal" history doesn't work anymore. Or, at least is what happens here...
    G

hmmm ok,i'll take a look, but the downside is that the preview might be added to the history as well, would that be a problem ?
    D I S C L A I M E R