PDA

View Full Version : [Zgemma H7] CAM, twin tuner and recording

-M-
10-07-19, 09:31
I have a Zgemma H7C and would like it to work with terrestrial signal which requires a CAM (CI+) and smartcard. OpenPLi 7.1 doesn't work, so I give OpenViX a try. Configure via menu and get these settings:
config.ci.0.canDescrambleMultipleServices=no
config.recording.ecm_data=scrambled+ecm

Watch a live channel works. I now press recording button and start a recording on current event. After zapping to another channel, the picture is black!

Please, any advice:
- Have I missed some configuration?
- Is this problem related to H7C box, i.e. does it work on other hardware?

Andy_Hazza
10-07-19, 09:49
Describe you setup? Cables to your receiver, tuner config for each tuner. Use WebIf to take proper screenshots so we can see your tuner configs etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
10-07-19, 10:20
I have a Zgemma H7C and would like it to work with terrestrial signal which requires a CAM (CI+) and smartcard. OpenPLi 7.1 doesn't work, so I give OpenViX a try. Configure via menu and get these settings:
config.ci.0.canDescrambleMultipleServices=no
config.recording.ecm_data=scrambled+ecm

Watch a live channel works. I now press recording button and start a recording on current event. After zapping to another channel, the picture is black!

Please, any advice:
- Have I missed some configuration?
- Is this problem related to H7C box, i.e. does it work on other hardware?

If you watch a non terrestrial channel(or something that doesn't need the CAM) and record the terrestrial channel does that work?

-M-
10-07-19, 11:38
Tuner A, satellite isn't in use.
Tuner B and C is configure for Terrestrial and one channel search have been done (after edit of terrestrial.xml so it found the muxes). The same antenn signal via a splitter.

I haven't tested all things that needs to work. For example be able to watch a recorded event. (well, I have tested more, but only in OpenPLi). With OpenViX I just begin and found the same basic problem. But I test more...

Timer recording of a scrambled channel while watching a free channel (on another mux):
- Picture of the live channel ok.
- The recording is done, but only possible to watch ~13 seconds (without smartcard nothing, so it is scrambled).
- During playback the time on the timeline jumps quickly.

Made on offline decode. The result file only have ~13 seconds picture. If the smartcard isn't inserted, it popups a message about that. However the possibility to watch doesn't change.

-M-
10-07-19, 11:44
I can record a free channel and watch a free channel on another mux. So both tuners is working. The recording is possible to view.

twol
10-07-19, 14:52
I have a vague memory of issues with 2 tuners and a single CAM card e.g on Google I found this:
"e.g. the official CI+ CAM for Canal Digital does not support decoding multiple channels."

.. I also think I have read similar issues with one CAM card depending on the provider like this:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?50286-Common-Interface-assignment-not-working.

So I guess it might depend on your Card or the setup.....

-M-
11-07-19, 10:25
I don't want to descramble more than one service. It is one of the configurations need to be done and I have done.

I have no need to assign different services to different CA, as in the linked thread. However it seems they have partially catch the same problem.

ronand
11-07-19, 17:28
When using a CAM you cannot decode 2 channels at the same time - its a limitation of the cam system. When recording one channel you cannot view another encrypted channel.

-M-
11-07-19, 19:37
First you wrote, yes. Last part: Why...

When recording one (scrambled) channel the CAM is not in use, since it is no descrambling taken place (the system is configured for this). So why not view another encrypted channel? The CAM should be free for this purpose.

ronand
11-07-19, 21:03
It may not descramble while recording but it must get the ecm from somewhere to store it so the CAM will not be free.

-M-
12-07-19, 08:50
The ECM's are in the TS stream (from air), even if no CAM.

PS. I have verified that ECM's are in the ts file, even if no CAM inserted in the box.