Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFS issue

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

NFS issue

hi,ive NFS share set to share between my duo and my solo2 to view recordings on the solo from the duo,when i flash both stbs and set up NFS share all works great for a couple of days then i will get a warning sign saying no directory found.a restart of both boxes fixes the issue,no ball ache really but just curious to see if anyone else has the same problem or an idea if i am doing anything wrong.
    ive tried samba in the past and that seemed worse
    i aint set ip on either box
    both boxes put on standby at night with no powertimers
    cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Mine does it too but I've put it down to my duo2 using wireless.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Useful Post:

goosegog (15-04-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Mine does it too but I've put it down to my duo2 using wireless.
    thanks for reply walt,both my boxes are wired

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Just out of curiosity - do either of the boxes use DHCP for their IP address?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

6. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (16-04-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi,yeah im sure ive DHCP set to yes
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

This is an old picture off my phone but im sure i dont change anything in this setting
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Always had the same problem. I have two TM Twins and mount each HDD as a NFS share. Like you, I can access the other receivers' HDD for a few days and then get the annoying 'directory media/autofs/XYZ does not exist' message.
    Don't normally reboot though - just go to Menu/Setup/System/Network/Mounts setup/Mount manager/Mount points management - then select the mount and press OK to edit, then OK again to activate the settings - a nag screen will come up 'A mount entry with this name already exists! Update existing entry and continue? Default is 'no' - select 'yes' and then OK.
    The mount will be activated and then you can access it through your media list by pressing the yellow button 'Location' as usual.
    It is a minor inconvenience which I have just accepted up to now. If it is the same in the new image series I might raise it on here, unless someone responds to your thread with an answer.
    BTW, there is an option in the Network Mount manager 'Setup Mount Again', which, although I have this set to 'Schedule Mount Again' - 'yes' and every hour, has never seemed to work for me!
    Last edited by Piranha; 16-04-15 at 17:16.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Piranha For This Useful Post:

goosegog (16-04-15),widar (16-04-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goosegog View Post
    Hi,yeah im sure ive DHCP set to yes
    That coudl well be the problem, then. Since NFS works by identifying the system at the other end by its address. So if your system wakes up and gets given a different IP address by the DHCP server things may well fail.

Try setting a static address for both systems (obviously ones which are not within the range served out by the DHCP server) or configure the DHCP server to allocate specific IP addresses to the two MAC addresses of the servers involved.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

12. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

goosegog (16-04-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    thanks for the input fellas i will try the suggestions
    cheers

Title
    Thanks
    No I dont think this is a DHCP problem. I have a static address and still have the problem with my Solo2.
    The NFS share often disappears randomly in spite of the refresh every 1 hr in the software.
    I agree this is a problem.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johnhoe For This Useful Post:

goosegog (16-04-15),Piranha (17-04-15),widar (17-04-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Here too, i have on my synology nas server 4 NFS shares to my vu+ solo2. It all works fine until some time all my 4 shares are gone sudenly. When i reboot i have my shares back until i watch some content on my nas and then it happens again after a while, again all my share (mounts) are gone. My box has a static IP. Very annoying since i missed some recording due to that issue

Title
    Thanks
    Since I happen to have a test NFS server setup I've added a location to my box, moved an old recording to it (which worked) and will see what happens.
    I actually wrote a few lines of the code for the automount process, so I might be able to get some idea of what is (not) happening.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tuneboy2005 View Post
    Here too, i have on my synology nas server 4 NFS shares to my vu+ solo2. It all works fine until some time all my 4 shares are gone sudenly. When i reboot i have my shares back...
    So do you leave your box on permanently? Mine goes into Deep Standby every day.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    So do you leave your box on permanently? Mine goes into Deep Standby every day.
    No my box goes everyday in normal standby, not DEEP standby.
    Even when i am looking to a recording, half way that recording my box crashes because the mounts are sudenly gone. when i reboot it works again. Sor for me this box is useless when it comes to record programs or watch recordings.
    Last edited by tuneboy2005; 19-04-15 at 09:35.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tuneboy2005 View Post
    No my box goes everyday in normal standby, not DEEP standby.
    So actually, "yes" you do leave the box on all of the time!
    Standby just shuts down a few outputs but leaves the system, and hence the automounter, running.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast