Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with CrossEPG not downloading

Jojo73

Problems with CrossEPG not downloading

I have been having the same problem as this post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...showing-in-EPG except Astra is already selected in my case.

I have tried selecting one of the other available satellites and saving then going back in and reselecting Astra as I have read in other posts but this doesn't fix the problem.

I have also tried deleting my epg.dat file and then using telnet to reboot the box then starting the download process again but it still doesn't fix it.

When i try to download the epg the error I receive is "CrossEPG error: Timeout for tuner lock".

I assume it may somehow be linked but I also cannot download any general Vix software upgrades either, when I click the software updates option from the menu I get a black screen of death saying it experienced a problem and the box restarts.

All channels are absolutely fine to watch, just no epg information available!

Does anyone have any ideas please as it's driving me crazy!?

Thanks

Jo

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    What receiver do you have?
    How many tuner connections do you have?
    Do they all have signal wires direct from LNB?
    What is each tuner configured as? Please reapond separately for each tuner.

Jojo73
    Hi Abu

I have a VU+ Duo with two tuners. They are both wired directly from LNB.

Settings for Tuner A are:
    BCM7335 DVB-S2 NIM (internal)(DVB-S2)
    Configuration mode: Simple
    Mode: Single
    Satellitte: 28.2E Eutelsat 28A & Astra 2E/2F
    Send DiseqC: No

Tuner B is set to exactly the same.

I hope this is the info you need but if you need anything else please just let me know

Many thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks.

Can you go to your tuner configuration.
    Menu /Setup /Service Searching/Tuner configuration

Set as simple , single, automatic and then press OK. It will scan through and should lock on 28.2.

Do this for tuner A. then repeat for tuner B. Report back.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (19-08-16),fredphoesh (12-09-16)

Jojo73
    Wow Abu, you're a star!! It's fixed and was so simple to do in the end!! Wish I'd posted earlier, I've been trying to fix it for weeks!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

It still crashes when I try to check for software updates so guess this was a separate issue after all. EPG was the most irritating thing though, am so pleased it now works
    Last edited by Jojo73; 19-08-16 at 18:43.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jojo73 For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (19-08-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Glad you're sorted.

However, you may have an intermittent problem with your hardware. Maybe LNB is on way out or F-plug not connected properly. Should problems persist, we can conduct more fault finding exercises.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (19-08-16)

Jojo73
    Thanks Abu, you've been so helpful.

I inherited the box second hand from a friend and am not sure it's had a software update for a long time. Am trying to work out what version of OpenVix I am running to see if upgrading will help fix the software update checking/plugin downloads issue as I've read some other posts that say this may be what's causing it. I've gone into Info-about and it says Apollo 166 if I'm reading it correctly, does that sounds about right?

--Apologies I know I'm going a little off topic for this particular forum!--

Title
    Thanks
    That is an old image. You would be better off flashing newest image. You cannot install items from plugin download server using that image.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Jojo73
    Awesome, I have done an upgrade before on a previous box I owned so should be okay doing this.

You have been outstanding tonight Abu, thank you so very much!

Title
    Thanks
    Reading this with interest as I have an EPG snag as well. It,s set for auto download 0300hrs daily which it does but with only a few channels showing. If I click the empty channels they then come on. I have to go through all the dead ones in favs.bit of a pain every day. Same if I manually download. Help appreciated. Mutant 1100 on open pli image. Thanks

Jojo73
    Hi Sospan, that's pretty much what I was having to do. Have you tried what Abu suggested to me about setting the tuner configuration to automatic? It only took about a minute for it to scan and then it was fixed!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jojo73 For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (23-08-16)

Title
    Thanks
    I'm also having a few issues with CrossEPG.

Using a VU+ Solo2 twin tuner, with vix image "vix-night-HD". I flashed it from "Hades", and subsequently have been having issues. I was struggling initially to be able to watch one channel whilst recording another, but eventually managed to sort that by rescanning on 28.2. Incidentally, by trying the "automatic" method as advised by abu baniaz, but on automatic, it fails to find ANY satellites. If I select 28.2 it scans ok and finds 700+ channels. Now when I try and update my epg through CrossEPG downloader, all I seem to get is "crossEPG error timeout for tuner lock". I'd be tempted to believe that I didn't actually have any tuner, as indicated after the "automatic" setting attempt, but clearly I do, as I'm watching TV right now

I suspect that I have more than one issue in play here, but I'm determined to get to the bottom of it, and to get it back to working the way it used to before I flashed it, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Title
    Thanks
    When you enter tuner configuration and specify automatic, it should lock onto 28.2.

If it does not, you are unable to tune to the frequency that ABM (sky 28.2) and CrossEPG downloader (open TV 28.2) uses. Both these will not work as a result.

The other common mistake people make is tell the receiver they have two signal wires connected, when they only have one.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Niteowl (11-09-16)

Title
    Thanks
    It's clearly a tuner issue, as I just disabled tuner "B", re-scanned with CrossEPG and it worked fine. Now I just need to get to the bottom as to why it fails to recognise it. It's clearly working ok as as soon as I re-enable it, do a new tuner scan, it finds 700+ and I can then i can then record one channel, whilst watching another

Title
    Thanks
    ABM/Cross EPG downloader normally uses the last free tuner. Swap the wires round as a temp fix.

You should be getting 900+ channels. You probably have a faulty LNB or an alignment issue.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Niteowl (11-09-16)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast