Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: IPTV recording and EPG

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu-ray View Post
    How many more test must i do to convince members how good the Mut@nt HD51 4K is with iptv, the only thing i can say to members who dought the performance of the Mut@nt HD514K is purchase one from www.world-of-satellite.co.uk they are £189 then you can test for yourself how good they are. Like i said before does your stb say IPTV READY LIKE THE MUT@NT.
    How did you setup your iptv on the mutant,Did you use an m3u type file as been trying to setup mine using the xtream app but will not load it

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1554leslie View Post
    How did you setup your iptv on the mutant,Did you use an m3u type file as been trying to setup mine using the xtream app but will not load it
    Just pasted m3u into putty i did try xtream app but had to use mac address if i remember.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    QUOTE=Blu-ray;451130]Anyone tested iptv on a 4K stb besides the Mut@nt and was able to record and watch at the same time ????[/QUOTE]

I have a sf4008 and managed to watch a channel and record two or three at same time. some epg is not generating and they record, but would be called instant recording, with no name.

20170531_142523.jpg[
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    QUOTE=Blu-ray;451130]Anyone tested iptv on a 4K stb besides the Mut@nt and was able to record and watch at the same time ????
    I have a sf4008 and managed to watch a channel and record two or three at same time. some epg is not generating and they record, but would be called instant recording, with no name.

20170531_142523.jpg[[/QUOTE] So first was it a single stream you recorded the 3 channels on??. Have you played back your recordings to see if they recorded without any problems as when i tested my Mut@nt with 3 recordings only 2 played ok and the 3rd only played for 90 seconds.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

20170531_142523.jpg[
    So first was it a single stream you recorded the 3 channels on??. Have you played back your recordings to see if they recorded without any problems as when i tested my Mut@nt with 3 recordings only 2 played ok and the 3rd only played for 90 seconds.[/QUOTE]

played all three recordings fine without issue. able to pause, FF & RW on single stream. but not tested everything fully
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    So first was it a single stream you recorded the 3 channels on??. Have you played back your recordings to see if they recorded without any problems as when i tested my Mut@nt with 3 recordings only 2 played ok and the 3rd only played for 90 seconds.
    played all three recordings fine without issue. able to pause, FF & RW on single stream. but not tested everything fully[/QUOTE] Thanks i am glad someone else can record more than one channel and on a different box. Not sure why other members are finding it impossible to watch and record one channel never mind 2/3 channels. So we now know you don't need 2 or 3 streams to be able to record with iptv as other members believe. It still don't give us a clue how or why we get mixed results.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blu-ray For This Useful Post:

john doe (31-05-17),johnty (10-08-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    played all three recordings fine without issue. able to pause, FF & RW on single stream. but not tested everything fully
    Thanks i am glad someone else can record more than one channel and on a different box. Not sure why other members are finding it impossible to watch and record one channel never mind 2/3 channels. So we now know you don't need 2 or 3 streams to be able to record with iptv as other members believe. It still don't give us a clue how or why we get mixed results. [/QUOTE]

am sure I could record more, but like I said need more testing and also my epg is populating certain channels but not the others

Title
    Thanks
    Bit more progress. First of all thanks to blu-ray for his pm's steering me in the right direction.
    Anyone else suffering the great iptv recording fiasco try this..... Menu-setup--system-customise settings-......in here i changed 'include ECM in http streams' to yes, also changed 'Descramble sending http streams' to yes. Also changed 'Descramble recieving http streams' to yes.
    When you read what they do it doesn't make sense but i am now able to record one iptv stream at a time if i then switch to normal satellite channels. When i try to record two iptv channels at once i get the recording for a minute fault and both fail . I will also get same error if i record one iptv channel then watch another. It's progress at least.
    It's still hit and miss because sometimes when I'm on the epg page and press the record button for a timer it will crash the box. But if i press green to add timer then press green again to record it will add timer accordingly. Othertimes it will record normally.
    Bit by bit I'm getting there.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to liverpoolee For This Useful Post:

Blu-ray (31-05-17),cargen (31-05-17),john doe (31-05-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1554leslie View Post
    Echannelizer was really good for this. They have their own tutorials on how to do it, it's easy. Also its the best way to edit channels and make your own bouquets. Brilliant piece of software, Imho anyway.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well i might have part of the answer why time shift pause & rewind don't work with iptv. Some iptv providers have used Wooshbuild or iPab image,there for causing conflicts when used with a Vix image. Members on another forum can pause rewind iptv and record using the Wooshbuild. Maybe Vix can give us a iptv Vix image as well as a satellite image.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Maybe Vix can give us a iptv Vix image.
    That won't happen. The more popular IPTV becomes, maybe a ViX Dev will look at the Timeshift code, but my guess it won't be a priority as we are a small team and have other important things on the agenda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Surely that risks people moving away from Vix?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Not really. Have you tried Wo*******d? What an utter horrible crammed with shite image that is. Yuk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    How many of the 90,000 plus members do you think will be waiting for this important thing on the agenda, against how many will experiment with iptv or add a motorised dish before there stb becomes a door stop.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Is there a swear filter on this forum? Might I suggest IPTV be added?

Talk on IPTV has become more boring than the General Election.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (01-06-17)

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast