Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Solo2 Overheating

Title
    Thanks
    2772014-1721.jpg2772014-1722.jpg2772014-1732.jpg

These are some of the new PTS features I have found in OpenPLi.

It is "enigma2-plugin-extensions-permanenttimeshift - 1.4a - Permanent Timeshift Plugin for E2 boxes" currently present in their feeds. I don't know whether this plugin was developed by OpenPLi coders or is a 3rd party plugin but it is working on my solo2 without any problems so far. I can go back multiple events and also I can save timeshift of "curren event until this time". In VIX you have to wait for the current event to finish before your timeshift get saved
    Last edited by Muhammad Aamer Hussain; 27-07-14 at 18:04.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes I also posted my questions on OpenPLi forum and there someone suggested me to use fancontrol2 plugin and it really helped me to control the temperature.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Aamer Hussain View Post
    [In VIX you have to wait for the current event to finish before your timeshift get saved
    Nope.
    You really should have a better look then.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Nope.
    You really should have a better look then.
    Well, I have been looking into it since last week. First of all "Time shift save record (until this time)" is not available in current VIX record menu, Second when I press timeshift record in VIX during an on-going event which is not finished yet, It tells me to wait till the end of the event. Obviously you just want to save your timeshift in some circumstances when you don't have time to wait till the end of the event. I check in the recording list after that nothing appears there. I don't know whether it is working for other people or not but it is definitely not working for me. This forced me to go for OpenPLi where it is working. But still my opinion is in favour of OpenVix as more stable image than OpenPLi. It is just about these two functions I am moaning about;

1- Going back multiple events in a sequence
    2- Save timeshift until current time without waiting the end of an event

If I knew how to code in enigma2, I would have done it myself for OpenVIX instead of making an issue out of it. There are people on this forum telling me that I have paid for the box not for the image. Every one knows Solo2 is useless without a stable image, so I don't understand the logic behind saying that. Instead of appreciating the fact that some one is giving positive feedback for future development, people are criticizing here which discourages me to come here and share my findings.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Eid Mubarak. Please leave the attitude elsewhere.

The save option is only presented if Time shift is active. Have you made timeshift start automatically? Please also note the 4th option.
    Menu > Setup > System > Timeshift Settings >
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Eid Mubarak. I am not discussing timeshift I am after some of the features brother. Check my posts and pictures carefully before jumping on conclusions. I am not in attitude but someone is definitely angry on me. I am still a newbie so please calm down. I really appriciate your efforts but unfortunately it doesn't help me sorry brother have a good Eid.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I use Time shift all the time and I mean all the time and I have to say that Vix dose every thing I require of it I had a Solo2 but have now Changed to a Duo2 and a LX3,but the Solo2 was a very capable Receiver and when I fitted a Second sat cable to it I was Hooked,and with the Recording and Time Shift capabilities of the Solo2,
    it meant that I would never miss that favourite TV program again well that was the plan but who Decided to Transmit the Moto GP /World Superbikes/British Superbikes / and the F1 all at the same time as the Football on a Sunday so a Receiver or two with 4 Tuners was required and it can get complicated at times but it is fun and made even better with Vix and it's Time shifting capabilities it has all the options you should need

Vix Timeshift 1.jpgVix Timeshift 3.jpgVix Timeshift 4.jpgVix Timeshift 5.jpg

you beat me to it abu

Title
    Thanks
    May have found a bug with TS starting automatically. I'll post in dev section later.

With regards to post 19, that option is worded differently. As you can see from screenshot, you can save what has been subject to TS in two methods, which I rephrase: Save up to now only or second option, let me change channel but convert/save what was TS until that program finishes.

Nobody's angry at you, may be some misunderstanding. However, bear in mind image is free. It is made/improved voluntarily.

Title
    Thanks
    I have reflashed VIX again to check that, it does work some times when the file size is little but most of the times I don't find any movie in the recordings after changing the channel and sometimes 0 mb file which is not playable. Some other odd behaviours I have noticed;

1- When I rewind live channel and go to TS mode, It reverses back twice and then play from where it started TS.

2- When I press stop button while in TS mode to come out of TS and want to go back to live broadcast, it goes to a bit before the live broadcast but never comes out of TS mode until I keep on fast forwarding to the point from where the live broadcast starts and then it comes out. Strange isn't it but it doesn't happen in OpenPLi

3- I can not rewind back in multiple events in a sequence in VIX. TS only goes back to the start of the current event. Although you can record the last event from the record menu if it was timeshifted but in OpenPLi you can rewind back multiple events in a sequence they were timeshifted.

Now if it was due to my hardware configuration, (which I thought so far until I tried OpenPLi), it should have given the same result on OpenPLi.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    ad 3: yes, you can.

As I said before: PLi only copied the features we have in ViX for ages.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    ad 3: yes, you can.

As I said before: PLi only copied the features we have in ViX for ages.

I have updated to Apollo build 23 but it is still the same can't rewind back to the previous event. Any suggestion ???

Title
    Thanks
    Enable debug logs and upload them.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Enable debug logs and upload them.
    I have enabled debug log, but there are many logs in logs manager, don't know which one to send or shall i have to test the timeshift again and then check the log again to find the timeshift related log. I have got all the logs relating to enigma crash at the moment

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    IIRC going back to the previous event is done via |< or a button like that.

For debuglogs: there is a date behind it; always make sure to send the last one.

Title
    Thanks
    Crash logs are produced when there is a crash. These are not required.

Debug logs document what is going on or not as the case may be. As a reboot is required for these to be activated, you will lose the timeshift that was taking place. Please upload the debug logs after you have timeshifted an event, gone onto a new event and then as you say, failed to timeshift top the event prior to the current one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast