Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: RemoteStreamConverter Plugin and EPG

Title
    Thanks

RemoteStreamConverter Plugin and EPG

Hi there,

I've got a Vu+ Duo2 up and running perfectly in my living room, I then have a VU+ Zero in the bedroom which is getting the stream via the 'RemoteStreamConverter' plugin. All is working perfectly as expected except that I can't seem to get an EPG on the Zero. I can't use the standard CrossEPG as that requires a tuner (and the only wires in the Zero that I have plugged in is Ethernet and Power).

I've done some digging and found the below link but even after running it through Google Translate I'm a little bewildered still and it is from 2012. Is there any other way to get an EPG automatically without requiring a Tuner?

The link I found is below and this goes on about adding a file but as I mentioned this thread was from 2012. Is there another way now?

http://www.vuplus-support.org/wbb3/i...threadID=34809

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    I presume you use Cross for Open-TV.
    Unfortunately only EIT-EPG is transferred in a stream to another box, so no Open-TV data.

There are 2 possible solutions:
    1- Use the XMLYV importer on your mainbox instead of Cross. Now data will be transferred as well.
    I must admit that I didn't test this myself.
    2- Use the XMLTV importer on your client box (and continue using Cross on the server box). This works for sure. Set the download to daily, after 07.00 GMT.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Perfect, thank you. I will set that up when I get home from work .

The last thing I need to do so that my setup is exactly how I want it is to share the HD from the Duo2 to the Zero. I currently have it streaming via DNLA but I think it would be amazing to actually get the HD from the DUO2 mounted as a network drive on the Zero. Then I could use the proper 'Recorded Movies' page where it is skinned and set out correctly as it is not he Duo2. Is there any way to achieve this? Like can I maybe use an UNC path to the Duo2's hard drive on the Zero?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Install NFS on both. Menu - setup - system - network - NFS.
    Then go to network browser on the zero, find the Duo2 hdd and mount as hdd replacement.
    Once done, you can also set the zero to read the duo EPG.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

dilvid (28-08-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Install NFS on both. Menu - setup - system - network - NFS.
    Then go to network browser on the zero, find the Duo2 hdd and mount as hdd replacement.
    Once done, you can also set the zero to read the duo EPG.
    Sorry for dragging up a thread again...I can't seem to set the EPG location to read the remote hard drive. I have the remote drive mounted and set as a 'HDD Replacement' but it still doesn't work. I'd presume it is due to the fact it isn't available at boot time (there is a message stating that this is required). The only option I have is the 'Internal Flash'.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also is when setting up the RemoteChannel plugin, it gives the option to set up as an IP or Servername, is there a certain format for the server name (i.e. vuduo2.local). My router when it reboots changes the IP addresses, so I can either assign a static IP to the box or use this server name I presume. Is this right?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    1- So indeed for some reason the external mount isn't available at boot time. Did you use the networkbrowser to setup the mount?
    2- Best way is to use fixed IP-addresses. This can be done in the adapter setup of the (server)box, but should also be possible in the router.
    As for the server-name in the RemoteChannel plugin: it's only an indication for yourself, in case you have multiple boxes. There is ni need to fill that in at all.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    1- So indeed for some reason the external mount isn't available at boot time. Did you use the networkbrowser to setup the mount?
    2- Best way is to use fixed IP-addresses. This can be done in the adapter setup of the (server)box, but should also be possible in the router.
    As for the server-name in the RemoteChannel plugin: it's only an indication for yourself, in case you have multiple boxes. There is ni need to fill that in at all.
    1. Yup, network browser. I do remember seeing a mount type. Am I meant to choose a specific one?
    2. Cool, will sort that tonight .

Thanks for the help with all this guys .