Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Warning to three dishonest customers!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by world-of-satellite.co.uk View Post
    Your right, I haven't posted the exact full chain of events for Chargeback 1. So here it is: -

Buyer order's goods, we dispatch. Buyer is not home to take delivery on two attempts. Goods sit in couriers warehouse for 5 days, then they are returned to us as buyer did not collect with photo ID.

We are then left wondering what on earth is going on, so upon receipt of the returned goods we contact the buyer. The mobile number had somekind of answerphone system where the call is screened, anyway this anserphone system had someone else's name which we found curious. We then emailed the guy, who then replied with another phone phone number to call. When we called we where given some story that the first number was work number and this second number was a personal mobile. Anyway cut a long story short we agreed to re-send the goods a second time at our expense providing he'd be home to accept delivery.

Goods have now gone out a second time, low and behold the guy is not home for delivery! We then telephone the second number again and the line is dead! At that point we decided enough is enough and recalled the parcel and had it returned.

We then emailed the guy and gave him two choices as follows: -

1. Scan photographic ID and a utility bill of the card holder and email to us, then we would re-send the goods provided he paid for the shipping.

2. Collect from us as we are within driving distance from him, providing he bought along photographic ID and a utility bill.

He then failed to do any of the above, instead he contacted us asking if a friend could collect! So I ask you this, would you agree to give nearly £800's worth of goods to a friend without any of the ID? Think not! On the phone he agreed that he would arrange the photo ID and decide weither to collect or have them re-sent. We where waiting for his decision when we got the chargeback, never once did this guy call and cancel the order. In now way or form where we holding the goods refusing to send them, we where simply asking for photographic ID and proof of address.

This matter will be handed over to the police.
    My first instinct on this is that somebody has got hold of someone else's credit card details (possibly a family member) and used it to buy the goods without permission, they cannot collect the goods as photo ID is required which would show that they are not who they claim to be hence the need to send a friend along to collect, in all probability the friend would actually be the perpetrator of this fraud. I then think that the proper owner of the credit card has found out what has been going on in his absence and quite rightly instigated the chargeback. If the perpetrator is a close family member the real credit card holder may not want to get them into serious trouble with the law so is currently keeping quiet. It would be better if they had contacted you directly and told you what was going on but they haven't so you are right to call in the Police and I'm sure that any subsequent investigation will reveal the truth.

Just my thoughts.

As for the other scumbags, Nail em to the wall of your shop, I hate thieves

digidude
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell4321 View Post
    My first instinct on this is that somebody has got hold of someone else's credit card details (possibly a family member) and used it to buy the goods without permission, they cannot collect the goods as photo ID is required which would show that they are not who they claim to be hence the need to send a friend along to collect, in all probability the friend would actually be the perpetrator of this fraud. I then think that the proper owner of the credit card has found out what has been going on in his absence and quite rightly instigated the chargeback. If the perpetrator is a close family member the real credit card holder may not want to get them into serious trouble with the law so is currently keeping quiet. It would be better if they had contacted you directly and told you what was going on but they haven't so you are right to call in the Police and I'm sure that any subsequent investigation will reveal the truth.

Just my thoughts.

As for the other scumbags, Nail em to the wall of your shop, I hate thieves
    If this is the case, then the original card holder is guilty of exemption of liability, and liable for all costs to the shop, so either the card holder gets charged with an offence, or coughs to who used the card, and they get charged with fraud, theft, obtaining goods by deception, etc