Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unable to watch/record more than two channels again

Title
    Thanks
    Okay, it turns out it's still not able to record multiple channels again. Getting pretty fed up with this now

Title
    Thanks

Unhappy

Hours spent messing about with this I guess I still need to remove the erroneous 19.2 entries in settings. Pretty sure something keeps putting them back during a reboot or simply just opening the tuner screen is somehow putting them in again.
    Last edited by mitchelln; 14-05-24 at 19:19.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    There's always the nuclear option of a factory reset and configure the tuners from scratch. Painful, but perhaps quicker and cleaner in the long run?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,968 Times in 3,283 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchelln View Post
    I removed the 19.2 entries in the settings file and rebooted, but it just inserted them again. Do you know where it might be picking up this dud setting from please?
    There's no mention of 19.2 in my tuner setup screen, so I'm mystified where it's getting it from.
    You can't remove them with enigma running. You have to stop enigma, modify the file, then start enigma again.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,903 Times in 2,255 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchelln View Post
    Hours spent messing about with this I guess I still need to remove the erroneous 19.2 entries in settings. Pretty sure something keeps putting them back during a reboot or simply just opening the tuner screen is somehow putting them in again.
    I have said it, huevos has said it…..you have to STOP the box before replacing the settings file…reboot will not fix it.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,170 Times in 6,245 Posts
    Please post a screenshot of your tuner configuration. The individual tuners, not the overview.

Also post the result of this:

cat /etc/enigma2/settings | grep config.Nims > /tmp/mytunerconfig.txt

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I have said it, huevos has said it…..you have to STOP the box before replacing the settings file…reboot will not fix it.
    I AM stopping the box before doing anything. I'm following all provided instructions exactly.

I've attached the mytunerconfig.txt file and screenshots of the tuner screens. The first one shows Tuner A. Tuner B is the same. The 2nd screenshot shows Tuner C and the rest of the satellite ones are the same.

Thanks
    mytunerconfig.txt
    IMG_20240521_144441_edit_155972527721801.jpg IMG_20240521_144547_edit_155952902297434.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    You have only shown part of one tuner, we needed to see both tuners. Is there a reason why screenshots are not working?

This is what is in your tuner configuration. A unicable configuration is somehow getting added as well as 19.2 and 23.5 are being added. And a diseqc setup has got added.

config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.diseqcMode=1_0
    config.Nims.0.advanced.sat.192.lnb=1
    config.Nims.0.advanced.sat.282.lnb=1
    config.Nims.0.advanced.sats=282
    config.Nims.0.diseqcA=282
    config.Nims.0.diseqcB=3601
    config.Nims.0.diseqcC=3601
    config.Nims.0.diseqcD=3601
    config.Nims.0.powerMeasurement=False
    config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.2.diseqcMode=1_0
    config.Nims.1.advanced.sat.192.lnb=2
    config.Nims.1.advanced.sat.235.lnb=2
    config.Nims.1.advanced.sats=235
    config.Nims.1.diseqcA=282
    config.Nims.1.diseqcB=3601
    config.Nims.1.diseqcC=3601
    config.Nims.1.diseqcD=3601
    config.Nims.1.powerMeasurement=False
    config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
    config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.scrfrequency=1210
    config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=1
    config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer= Dura-Sat(DUR-line)
    config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.unicableProduct=UK101
    config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.192.lnb=1
    config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.282.lnb=1
    config.Nims.2.advanced.sats=282
    config.Nims.3.advanced.sats=192
    config.Nims.8.terrestrial=All regions, United Kingdom, (Europe DVB-T/T2)
    config.Nims.9.terrestrial=All regions, United Kingdom, (Europe DVB-T/T2)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,968 Times in 3,283 Posts
    Ok, so for satellite you have one tuner, a 45308X. With that tuner and your universal LNB you will be able to record from a maximum of 2 satellite transport streams. Updating to a Unicable II LNB will allow you to record from up to 8 satellite transport streams.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    I have two satellite tuner cards and a DVB-T card as well. Three tuners cards in total. I have been able to record multiple channels in the past. It's software updates that seems to keep breaking it.

I know no one seems to believe me, but I am not adding those extra tuner settings either manually or via the tuner set up screens. I still think there is a bug in either the config backup or restore code, or even the tuner setup screen itself possibly that's adding these entries . I just need a way to get this back to something sensible or a settings file that will work.

Perhaps I should upgrade to a known LNB to help with support. The one I have was fitted to the house when I moved in. The previous owners had a Sky box. This was 11 years ago. So perhaps an upgrade will be best. Any particular recommendations please?

Thanks.
    Last edited by mitchelln; 22-05-24 at 16:14.

Title
    Thanks
    If there was a bug in the code where performing a software update adds 23.5 and 19.2 to tuner configuration as well adding a unicable setup, wouldn't other people have reported it too? I dare you to flash a new image, without restoring anything afterwards and setup your tuners from scratch and video yourself doing it. To my mind you are inadvertently changing something and not realising the mistake you are doing. Alternatively, find someone you trust to remote over and assist you.

Yes, a unicable LNB will allow you to get the most out of your receiver. Provided it is configured correcty. The sponsor sells this LNB among others.
    https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...e-lnb-1-legacy

I think you have a Mk2 Sky dish, so it should have a 40mm collar. If it isn't you will have to get an adapter for your dish or a newer dish.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

mitchelln (23-05-24)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the LNB info. I'll get one. I assume I then just connect it to just one of the inputs on my dual tuner card and there is no point buying a dual cable LNB?

Then I'll probably do a completely clean install by flashing the image. I'll wait until the EPG bug is fixed though.

Thanks for the help with this.
    Last edited by mitchelln; 23-05-24 at 13:32.

Title
    Thanks
    wow and wow you may have discovered something. I have the duo4kse with 2 x fbc TUNERS ie there is a twin in each slot, its to replace a DUO2 eventually and I have a sony play tv 2ual dtt added. My KURO got the dreaded 8 blinks so could not access the KSE until today as I fixed the KURO y replacing 2 x boards. So while waiting for a delivery I switched on and went to entertainment and proceeded to record channels, bbc bbc2 and then when I clicked on itv4 HD it came up sending the dish to 192 E !! I thought WTF and had about 6 recordings on the go so stopped them and started again and this time when I go to ITV1 I get the message moving from 19E and ITV1 wont open!! When I go to ITV4HD it now opens. Not a clue what is happening. Now my sytem is a bit intricate in that I have a cable going from motorised dish to input on second FBC set as uaals . So I have 3 cables from sky dish and one cable from motorised dish.

I can go on and record other channels and got up to 10 but not itv1. I moved dish to 19e and can view channels on 19 e but not record and tried ITV1 just bit nothing. I can then go to DTT and record all of it, about 12 channels simultaneously= 22 recordings.

But telling dish go to 19e on itv4 first and then showing dish at 19e when I try ITV1 is intriguing. NB I dod have timers set for ITV1 this evening, emmerdale, corrie.

And my tuners my be configured incorrectly here is a pic of slot 2 fbc set up. The reason for the setup in slot 2 is that I wanted input 1 to be for usals and input 2 as a loop out to another box but it wonky so set tuner as is for now.

But ITV4 sending me to 19E is a mystery.

I an using VIX 6.4.010.

I then went to ITV2 ITV3
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bmitie View Post
    wow and wow you may have discovered something. I have the duo4kse with 2 x fbc TUNERS ie there is a twin in each slot, its to replace a DUO2 eventually and I have a sony play tv 2ual dtt added. My KURO got the dreaded 8 blinks so could not access the KSE until today as I fixed the KURO y replacing 2 x boards. So while waiting for a delivery I switched on and went to entertainment and proceeded to record channels, bbc bbc2 and then when I clicked on itv4 HD it came up sending the dish to 192 E !! I thought WTF and had about 6 recordings on the go so stopped them and started again and this time when I go to ITV1 I get the message moving from 19E and ITV1 wont open!! When I go to ITV4HD it now opens. Not a clue what is happening. Now my sytem is a bit intricate in that I have a cable going from motorised dish to input on second FBC set as uaals . So I have 3 cables from sky dish and one cable from motorised dish.

I can go on and record other channels and got up to 10 but not itv1. I moved dish to 19e and can view channels on 19 e but not record and tried ITV1 just bit nothing. I can then go to DTT and record all of it, about 12 channels simultaneously= 22 recordings.

But telling dish go to 19e on itv4 first and then showing dish at 19e when I try ITV1 is intriguing. NB I dod have timers set for ITV1 this evening, emmerdale, corrie.

And my tuners my be configured incorrectly here is a pic of slot 2 fbc set up. The reason for the setup in slot 2 is that I wanted input 1 to be for usals and input 2 as a loop out to another box but it wonky so set tuner as is for now.

But ITV4 sending me to 19E is a mystery.

I an using VIX 6.4.010.

I then went to ITV2 ITV3
    FBC Tuners do not have a loop out function from their tuners. You cannot loop out to another box.

Your Hardware:
    Signal wires from 28.2 fixed dish hooked up tuner A, B and I
    Signal wire from motorised dish is hooked up to Tuner J

Going by the overview of your tuners, (you should really access the tuner to obtain a screenshot)
    You have told your receiver it has
    Tuner I = Motorised dish
    Tuner J = It has no physical dish, but should use internal loop-through from Tuner I

If you want us to look at any potential issue, set your tuners to match the hardware connected to them.

What has probably happened is that you have made an error on you tuner configuration and told it it has 19.2 when it does not. It moves what you told it is a motorised dish, but is actually a fixed 28.2 dish until it gets a signal lock. The 28.2 services are now marked as 19.2 too. Have a look at your timers/debug log for the service references.

Correct tuner config = telling receiver what is physically attached to each tuner.

Based on your description, it should be
    Tuner A = Simple, Single, 28.2 (Green to save)
    Tuner B = Simple, Single, 28.2 (Green to save)
    Tuner C-H will be FBC automatic. I.e internal loopthorugh when required.

Tuner I = Simple, Single, 28.2 (Green to save)
    Tuner J = Motorised selecting satellites. (Green to save)
    Tuner K-P will be FBC automatic. I.e internal loopthrough when required.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

bmitie (23-05-24)

Title
    Thanks
    will a look over the weekend. It means pulling out a cabinet and I need to be alone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123